1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 04:111 edit
    YouTube

Robert Reich tried to tell a bunch of college kids at Berkley University back in 2007 what they were up to doing with health care. He told them that the healthy will have to pay more, the elderly will have to be given less health care, and health care innovations would cease to be as we will now all not live longer than our parents.

He then went on to say that politicians are not able to tell us the truth about such matters because of the ignorance of the public at large. Those who are not enlightened and informed like himself must then be lied to in order to "get it done".
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 04:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4

Robert Reich tried to tell a bunch of college kids at Berkley University back in 2007 what they were up to doing with health care. He told them that the healthy will have to pay more, the elderly will have to be given less health care, and health care innovations would cease to be as we will now all not live long ...[text shortened]... ho are not enlightened and informed like himself must then be lied to in order to "get it done".
    Just letting you know that this is social progressivism. As long as the government does it it is a good thing. Now shut up and have another mercury filled vaccination.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 04:24
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Just letting you know that this is social progressivism. As long as the government does it it is a good thing. Now shut up and have another mercury filled vaccination.
    Funny how their programs are great for everyone but them. I guess they are not even enlightened enough to know it is just as good for them as it is for everyone else.

Say, where did I leave my pitch fork?
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 09:33
    Funny how their programs are great for everyone but them. I guess they are not even enlightened enough to know it is just as good for them as it is for everyone else.

Say, where did I leave my pitch fork?
    Oh they knew what they were doing alright. Many of them put out statements that they did not read the bill and signed it to find out what is in it they say. As crazy as that sounds the public was more likely to buy into that than if it was a carefully studied issue they put thought into before voting on it. Also note that the bill was to go into effect several years after the vote on it. We know that the delay had nothing to do with getting the system ready so I think it was to keep the public off guard for what they had done. They did what they were told to do by the puppet masters.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 12:511 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Oh they knew what they were doing alright. Many of them put out statements that they did not read the bill and signed it to find out what is in it they say. As crazy as that sounds the public was more likely to buy into that than if it was a carefully studied issue they put thought into before voting on it. Also note that the bill was to go into effect s ...[text shortened]... blic off guard for what they had done. They did what they were told to do by the puppet masters.
    Anytime they use the term "political courage" our collective ears should go straight up. This means that we are all about to get screwed for our own collective good.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 13:41
    It strikes me that politicians are forever lying to us. If so, are they doing it for our own good or for their own good? If it is for our own good, then the nanny state makes sense. Those that have this view would demand that politicians lie to us because we would never choose the right path. However, if this is the case then does democracy make any sense at all?
  7. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 14:02
    You can hardly say "the left" tried to warn us, "the left" was firmly behind Obama and Obamacare and remains so..(well, maybe until just recently).
    Some guy with a liberal/left background said Oh-jeez watch out, but that certainly doesn't mean "The Left" tried to warn us.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 14:26
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    You can hardly say "the left" tried to warn us, "the left" was firmly behind Obama and Obamacare and remains so..(well, maybe until just recently).
    Some guy with a liberal/left background said Oh-jeez watch out, but that certainly doesn't mean "The Left" tried to warn us.
    Hold on now, does that mean that not every single person in the world can be placed firmly within two distinct pigeonholes?
  9. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 21:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Hold on now, does that mean that not every single person in the world can be placed firmly within two distinct pigeonholes?
    No, it means that when ONE person says something, you can't let an entire leftist ideology take credit for his words when every other left wing dumbocrat is for the thing he spoke against.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 21:37

Robert Reich tried to tell a bunch of college kids at Berkley University back in 2007 what they were up to doing with health care. He told them that the healthy will have to pay more, the elderly will have to be given less health care, and health care innovations would cease to be as we will now all not live long ...[text shortened]... ho are not enlightened and informed like himself must then be lied to in order to "get it done".
    "Us"?

You went to UC Berkeley?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 23:081 edit

He even included the death panels that are now in place.

But he "lied" to the students. They can be on their parents policies til 24.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree