1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 13:231 edit
    Seriously, this discussion about which sport is more manly is pretty silly. Are we measuring cock sizes afterwards?

I'm guessing you guys consider yourselves less than real men because you play...chess. 😵
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 14:15
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Seriously, this discussion about which sport is more manly is pretty silly. Are we measuring cock sizes afterwards?

I'm guessing you guys consider yourselves less than real men because you play...chess. 😵
    If we were players, that would perhaps make sense. As fans, the argument is strictly intellectual.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 16:24
    Originally posted by Palynka

Yes of course!

Girls play checkers!😉
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 18:13
    Originally posted by sh76
    Without pads and helmets, football wouldn't be football. In the NFL, you have 300 pound monsters in great shape coming at you at 17 MPH trying to kill you. There's a reason why NFL QBs, a position that has little to do with physical strength, are still usually well over 6' tall and well over 200 lbs. The shorter and lighter ones get maimed by the monsters on th ...[text shortened]... ie Lott or Steve Atwater once and see if they don't think pads and a helmet are a good idea.
    they can make 17 mph?
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 18:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    Without pads and helmets, football wouldn't be football. In the NFL, you have 300 pound monsters in great shape coming at you at 17 MPH trying to kill you. There's a reason why NFL QBs, a position that has little to do with physical strength, are still usually well over 6' tall and well over 200 lbs. The shorter and lighter ones get maimed by the monsters on th ...[text shortened]... ie Lott or Steve Atwater once and see if they don't think pads and a helmet are a good idea.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Lott

Ronald Mandel "Ronnie" Lott (born May 8, 1959) is a former American football player who starred as a cornerback, free safety and strong safety in college football and the NFL. He is most well known for his hard hits on opposing players. Noted for his toughness (he once cut off a portion of his pinkie in order to return to a game) and a Pro Bowler at both cornerback and safety, Lott is widely considered one of the best defensive backs in NFL history.[1][2]
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 18:14
    any yakuza in rugby?
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 20:35
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    they can make 17 mph?
    The fastest players in the league run the 40 yard dash in about 4.25 seconds. 4.5 seconds is very good but not elite.

40 yards is 120 feet. 120 feet in 4.5 seconds is 26.66 ft/sec

Since MPH is to feet/second as 30 is to 44 (roughly), 26.66 ft/sec is 18.18 MPH. Even a 5.0 40 yd dash (nothing special) is over 16 MPH.

So, yes, they can hit 17 MPH, or even faster.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree