1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 17:22
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-nra-politicians-20180215-story.html

Donald Trump: "Our entire nation, with one heavy heart, is praying for the victims and their families.". Received $30 million in 2016 from the NRA

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.): "This is a moment for national mourning and for prayer." NRA support by 2016: $1.3 million.

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa): "My prayers are with all of the victims in Las Vegas and their loved ones affected by this senseless act of violence." NRA financial support since 2014: $3.1 million.

Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.): "Praying for all the victims & those impacted by the tragedy." NRA support by 2016: $122,802.

The gun lobby is strengthened by its affiliation with the right-wing libertarian lobby. In 2014, for example, the NRA Institute for Legislative Action received a $4.9-million donation from what was then known as the Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, which is affiliated with the Koch brothers. The president of Freedom Partners at the time was Marc Short, who is currently President Trump's director of legislative affairs — in other words, his chief lobbyist on Capitol Hill.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree