Originally posted by Soothfast
When the subject of defining "liberal" and "conservative" came up in another thread, I was reminded of how a one-dimensional line segment is as a model for political, social and economic attitudes. So, with a little searching, I managed to find a site that I encountered in another forum years ago that spreads matters out over a (two-dimensional) plane, an tion of the varying coordinates of folks on the plane. It's all mathematics, you see!
I took the liberty of coming up with my own test.
1. Do you like the government in your bedroom telling you who to sleep with?
2. Do you like the government in your pocket book telling you what paying your fair share means, so much so that you feel like you should prostitute yourself in your bedroom to make ends meet?.......with governmet approval, of course.
3. Would you wind up lost in a moral vacuum without the guiding hand of government to tell you what is "good" for society and our "collective salvation"?
4. Do you like the government telling you who you can marry? If so, do you then need the government to tell you if you can sleep with them or not?
5. Are you basing your future success in life on next years elections?
6. Should the US continue to be the moral voice of the world as it continues to "promotes democracy" Libya style?
If you answered yes to any of these question do the following. Find the nearest and highest building, go to the very top, and jump. Barak Obama wants you to.