1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 22:50
    Question? If we were to allow certain forms of punishment, say stoning a woman for adultery, cutting of a childs hand for stealing, oh, and 99 lashes first to garner a confession before the stoning.....
    Picture": your brother bound and kneeling, someone pokes a sharp instrument into his spine near his rump, his head raises in pain, and the sword chops off his head,, for what?
    How do you imagine our right to bear arms would come into play, if this was how our legal system worked?
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 23:361 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Question? If we were to allow certain forms of punishment, say stoning a woman for adultery, cutting of a childs hand for stealing, oh, and 99 lashes first to garner a confession before the stoning.....
    Picture": your brother bound and kneeling, someone pokes a sharp instrument into his spine near his rump, his head raises in pain, and the sword chops of ...[text shortened]... u imagine our right to bear arms would come into play, if this was how our legal system worked?
    Well bears' arms are stronger than human arms which means that the administration of these punishments would be more forceful and possibly a shade more gruesome, the downside is that they might lack dexterity and coordination.

How one goes about transplanting these arms is another matter though 😕
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 23:57
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Picture": your brother bound and kneeling, someone pokes a sharp instrument into his spine near his rump, his head raises in pain, and the sword chops of ...[text shortened]... u imagine our right to bear arms would come into play, if this was how our legal system worked?
    Massive civil war. These punishments have the authority of God's Commandments behind them, so it wouldn't be a clear who would win.
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 01:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Massive civil war. These punishments have the authority of God's Commandments behind them, so it wouldn't be a clear who would win.
    Yes--if in some bizarro universe our gov't applied those forms of execution, the people would revolt.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 03:01
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What the hell are you talking about now?

I need that source,link,whatever where God gives commandments to cut off the hands of children.
    🙄
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 03:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    What the hell are you talking about now?

I need that source,link,whatever where God gives commandments to cut off the hands of children.
    🙄
    Ok, I give up. I lose.

😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree