Originally posted by sasquatch672
This is the basic debate going on today, isn't it? Liberals make cartoonish caricatures of conservatives and Republicans as these evil creatures torn between stealing candy from babies and kicking the canes out from grannies crossing the street so they can run them over. Conservatives have their flaws, to be sure - I'm not sure what they are but if I ...[text shortened]... vernment in a democracy? Is this behavior by your government defensible to you? If so, how?
Mr. Sasquatch- I agree with some of what you're saying here, but before you go too far down this path, you might consider the following:
1. Conservatives make just as many cartoonish caricatures of Liberals, as big government thugs, hellbent on invading everyone's privacy, and turning America into the USSR.
2. Many of these government intrusions into our privacy were happening during the George W Bush administration, all in the name of "national security"
3. The IRS spent 49 million on confrences on 2 years? Oh...I suppose the IRS wasted 0 dollars during the reign of "W" huh...NOT! I guess we're not supposed to talk about the untold billions wasted by "W" in that unnecessary Iraq invasion. (Have they found any of those weapons of mass destruction yet???)
4. If you're referring to the events at Benghazi, yes, the Obama administration does have some explaining to do in this area, but how does that compare to wasting 4000+ brave American soldiers lives searching for weapons of mass destruction (that were not there!)
5. I don't recall anyone in Obama's administration leaking the name of a member of our intellegence community, just because she and her husband disagrees with the present administrations political views, ala Valorie Plame.
The Obama administration is not innocent or perfect, but you didn't seem to have problems with some of these items during the reign of George W Bush, so...why the change of heart? (it wouldn't be because Obama has a "D" after his name, would it??) Since folks on your side of the political aisle are just as guilty in many of these areas, I wouldn't be ranting too loudly, if I were you. (Now are you still having problems recalling any Conservative flaws??)