1. England
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 11:53
    is this true... if you are arrested then they finger print you, photo you then take a dna, if then you are charged, go to court then have the evedence thrown out by the judge they are still allowed to keep you on all records, my friend says it is i have no idea
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 11:59
    Originally posted by stoker
    is this true... if you are arrested then they finger print you, photo you then take a dna, if then you are charged, go to court then have the evedence thrown out by the judge they are still allowed to keep you on all records, my friend says it is i have no idea
    Whether they are allowed to or not is of no importance. They do.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 12:07
    What do you fear they might do with your DNA? Make an army with your clones?
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 12:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Abuse the information.
  5. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 12:28
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Procreate and prevail, dude. True conservatives welcome being cloned.
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 12:48
    It isn't possible to make a clone with a DNA fingerprint. In fact, a DNA fingerprint provides *very* little information. It isn't to be confused with DNA codes bring mapped out. At best, it is just unique to an individual, and resembles DNA fingerprints of your blood relatives.

However, I still do not agree with police keeping records of it. There is still room for abuse of the information.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 14:15
    Why shouldn't they?

Getting a DNA and fingerprint sample is not a punishment.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 21:36
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why shouldn't they?

Getting a DNA and fingerprint sample is not a punishment.
    Not until your Pizza delivery service refuses to serve you anything but a salad, because your insurance company has told them to do so, anyways.
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 22:22
    finger print searches from cime scenes only work if the finger print is on record and if someone has had a brush with the law, there's a higher chance of them then other people having a print that might match.
    Anything that helps catch criminals has to been good dosen't it?
  10. England
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 10:39
    Originally posted by yo its me
    finger print searches from cime scenes only work if the finger print is on record and if someone has had a brush with the law, there's a higher chance of them then other people having a print that might match.
    Anything that helps catch criminals has to been good dosen't it?
    then would you put yours on record even tho you may have commited no crime.
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 13:52
    then would you put yours on record even tho you may have commited no crime.
    not willingly, no. Which is partly why I didn't want to have an identity card- they've been scraped now so just as well I didn't spend money on that idea.

But I'd expect to be asked for them if I had a brush with the law- everyone has a job to do right?
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 22:41
    Who was that chief constable that was asked, 'sir, would you give your dna for the purposes of that database ?' The response was simple, 'why, I've done nothing wrong ?!' Enough said methinks...
  13. England
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 09:34
    Originally posted by yo its me
    not willingly, no. Which is partly why I didn't want to have an identity card- they've been scraped now so just as well I didn't spend money on that idea.

But I'd expect to be asked for them if I had a brush with the law- everyone has a job to do right?
    A JOB YES. but as you were against i d cards if at some stage in your life you have a brush with the law no matter how small and you are latter given as not guilty you have been forced to do something you are not willingly to have done
  14. England
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 09:36
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Who was that chief constable that was asked, 'sir, would you give your dna for the purposes of that database ?' The response was simple, 'why, I've done nothing wrong ?!' Enough said methinks...
    they do not say sir would you give your DNA they take it wether you have done anything or not
  15. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 12:06
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Procreate and prevail, dude. True conservatives welcome being cloned.
    Cloned into 'dudes' like you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree