1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 14:41
    Just watched "The.World.According.to.Dick.Cheney.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv".

Anyone else seen it yet?

Any thoughts?
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 15:151 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

Anyone else seen it yet?

Any thoughts?
    I think it's time to stop talking about ten years ago and time to start talking about what a tragic disaster the current idiot is. I think it's time for you to have an opinion on something besides American conservatism. I think it's time for you to go back on your meds.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 15:32
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I think it's time to stop talking about ten years ago and time to start talking about what a tragic disaster the current idiot is. I think it's time for you to have an opinion on something besides American conservatism. I think it's time for you to go back on your meds.
    Have you not seen 'The World According to Dick Cheney"then? It's a documentary that came out recently.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 18:14
    you kinda don't say anything in this post of yours. you accuse him of something. you assume some things. you use "I think" a lot. you don't do much of that.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 18:33
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 18:45
    It seems pretty transparent that nobody wants to talk about the "current idiot". In his recent campaign, he really didn't much want to run on his record. He rather wanted to talk about Romney's dog, Romney's taxes, Romney's wealth, anything to place the focus away from his horrendous record.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

Anyone else seen it yet?

Any thoughts?
    Haven't seen it, don't have cable (Showtime) don't want to download from a site I don't know, but here's a review or two:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-03-12/entertainment/37648133_1_dick-cheney-heart-transplant-george-w-bush

http://www.sfgate.com/tv/article/World-According-to-Dick-Cheney-review-4351908.php

The latter review says, "The film probably won't change anyone's opinion of the man..."

Do you agree?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 00:33
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It seems pretty transparent that nobody wants to talk about the "current idiot". In his recent campaign, he really didn't much want to run on his record. He rather wanted to talk about Romney's dog, Romney's taxes, Romney's wealth, anything to place the focus away from his horrendous record.
    This thread is about a documentary that came out recently called "The World According to Dick Cheney". If you want to talk about the Obama v Romney election or Obama's record in office, you can start a thread about it surely. Have you seen "The World According to Dick Cheney"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 00:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    The latter review says, "The film probably won't change anyone's opinion of the man..."

Do you agree?
    It was well crafted. Cheney would not object to its content and thrust: he's on screen talking for a fair bit of it. No tricks or hatchet job. Cheney certainly had a very interesting career. He gets to explain himself very coherently. There is not a trace of either mockery or sycophancy. Just an air of intrigue in the context of portentous events and bold actions The way his relationship with Bush went bad in 2004 over the renewal of the surveillance programme - with Ashcroft and James Comey not playing ball with Cheney, and Bush apparently being kept in the dark about the Justice Dept's objections and the risk of mass resignations - unfolds in a quite gripping way. It's good quality documentary making. Well worth watching.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 02:46
    "Reagan proved that deficits no longer matter".

-Dick Cheney

Dick Cheney rules!! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree