1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 17:03
    I am finding that I agree with Pat Robertson. Maybe I'm wrong about legalizing marijuana? 😛

"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people go into prisons, they go in as youths and come out as hardened criminals. That's not a good thing."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/shock-christian-leader-pat-robertson-favors-marijuana-legalization/

Could this kind of thing start to swing the religious right?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 17:071 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I am finding that I agree with Pat Robertson. Maybe I'm wrong about legalizing marijuana? 😛

[i]"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. You arijuana-legalization/

Swing it where exactly?

If memory serves, Pat was also on a comercial for Al Gore to protest global warming. I believe it was right before he accused Haitians of deserving earthquakes because they worshiped the devil.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 17:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Swing it where exactly?

If memory serves, Pat was also on a comercial for Al Gore to protest global warming. I believe it was right before he accused Haitians of deserving earthquakes because they worshiped the devil.
    Swing it to agree with Pat Robertson.... where else?

As much as he is more looney a tune than daffy duck and bugs bunny combined, when he's right, he's right.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 22:471 edit
    Swing it to agree with Pat Robertson.... where else?

As much as he is more looney a tune than daffy duck and bugs bunny combined, when he's right, he's right.
    In other words, the crazy stop being crazy when they agree with ya and ONLY then. 😉
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 00:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    In other words, the crazy stop being crazy when they agree with ya and ONLY then. 😉
    Well, if a crazy person says that the sky is blue, the fact that he's crazy doesn't mean that he's not right.

Pat's always crazy... but in this case he's crazy and right.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 00:171 edit

"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. You ...[text shortened]... rijuana-legalization

Perhaps he is possessed by Satan.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 00:45

[i]"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. You ...[text shortened]... arijuana-legalization/

Miraculous!
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 15:27

[i]"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. You ...[text shortened]... arijuana-legalization/

It's a nice thought, but I doubt it. Most people know crimminalizing drugs just plays into the hands of the drug dealers, just like prohabition played into the hands of the rum runners 80 years ago. America pays massive amounts of money to house people who've been arrested for drug use, and It won't change. Crimminalizing drug use is feel good legislation the right wing feels comfortable with. Most Democrats don't have enough backbone to try to change this stupid and expensive policy, but we can still hope.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 15:372 edits
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was a large majority in favour of decrimininalizing drugs (to start), but I guess there is also a strong lobby in Washington from the prisons and law enforcement who would lose a lot of business if the US were to decriminalize personal drug (ab)use.

Edit: this Gallup poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/144086/New-High-Americans-Support-Legalizing-Marijuana.aspx) shows that support is about 50/50 for legalizing marihuana (presumably a larger percentage would be in favour of decriminalization), but is rising quickly. However, still about 70% of conservatives/Republicans oppose it. Interestingly, support is a lot higher than in the late 60s.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 16:131 edit

"I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. You arijuana-legalization/

With the thread title, I thought this was going to be another one on global warming. My bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree