Moves
    07 Mar '13 13:19
    What happened?

Record high. Thanks Mr. President.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 14:10
    Wasn't it the president who predicted that the economy would be ruined if we inplemented any pre-agreed upon spending cuts?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    Do you thank the president for green traffic lights as well?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    Originally posted by moon1969
    What happened?

While I agree that those predictions were stupid, are you sure you want to tie the Dow to the President? If you do, then you can't complain the next time the Dow dips and someone blames the President.

The truth is that the President does not have that much control over the market; and the other truth is that a strong stock market is not always necessarily such a wonderful thing.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 14:19
    Originally posted by sh76

The truth is that the President does not have that much control over the market; and the other truth is that a strong stock market is not always necessarily such a wonderful thing.
    Exactly.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 15:04
    While I agree that those predictions were stupid, are you sure you want to tie the Dow to the President? If you do, then you can't complain the next time the Dow dips and someone blames the President.

Give moon a break. It's not often he gets any good news that he can attempt to forcefully tie to the President. 😠
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 16:46
    What happened?

Pumping from the Feds, short term gains. The stock market rises and it falls. I'm rather happy, this rise has allowed me to sell! Made over 50% in less than a year, at least on that one!
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 23:141 edit

I generally agree with your reply but let me say this. I think that Presidents generally impact the economy less than most people think. Yet, in reality the President gets blame for any bad economic indicators, and thus should get credit for good economic indicators. Lastly, the so-called "ills" of having an increasing Dow are being blown out of proportion lately in part in an effort to minimize any resulting positive nuances that might be associated with the President. The recovery of the market has been great. A steady viable recovery to provide captial for investment and to restore our 401K's after the devastation caused by the Bush era.
  9. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 23:54
    What happened?

Shhhhhh. We're not supposed to talk about that!😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree