1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 03:22
    Another thing is that doctors do not trust insurance companies. Take a look at the whole malpractice insurance scam they have to play. Put realistic caps on lawsuits if someone decides to use the courts for law suits. You cant put a price on an accidental death from negligence high or low. Instead we all have to pay for the negligence because of the insurance scam.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 03:40
    Originally posted by bill718
    I think 95% of the blame for this mess can be traced back to President Obama himself. President Obama has been so focused on the legal details, he seems to have lost sight of fact that making this program available to the general public is a multi faceted, and complicated effort. Clearly the website mess has been a headache, but President Obama is responsibl ...[text shortened]... your loved ones. So please consider this before getting too smug about this programs demise. 😏
    I don't believe they don't care, having had a child go through .5 Million
    dollar health care issue, our insurance company bent over backwards
    for us. Its easy to demonize, but not always true, don't always believe
    the worse about anyone, it isn't wise.
    Kelly
  3. Germany
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 08:22
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Another thing is that doctors do not trust insurance companies. Take a look at the whole malpractice insurance scam they have to play. Put realistic caps on lawsuits if someone decides to use the courts for law suits. You cant put a price on an accidental death from negligence high or low. Instead we all have to pay for the negligence because of the insurance scam.
    Surely if you "keep government out of it altogether" there won't be any lawsuits related to the health care market. Or do you care to be more specific as to what you mean by "keep[ing] government out of it"?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 12:01
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Because liberals hate freedom.

They hate Freedom of Speech, as the IRS has amply demonstrated.

They hate freedom of religion - Sandra Fluke, anyone?

They hate freedom of the press - examples too numerous to mention.

They hate the ability of the American people to arm themselves, because that gives us the ability to resist their godle ...[text shortened]... tenth of his high crimes, the Marxist, anti-American mainstream media would be baying for blood.
    We're living in the twilight of commonsense; the dialectic of evil has neutralized our national conscience. Thanks.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 12:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You spend all this time obsessing about a health care law, and you haven't even thought about what would be the best way to deal with the issue?
    Step One: recognize the stern fact that the Constitution of the United States of America is still in force. Step Two: level up to the painful realization that Free Enterprise (with its greed) still outperforms the bureaucratic bungling of a bloated federal government (with its pork fed greed and lust for power) in achieving any non net sum zero gain. Step Three: grasp the hard reality that without a sound manufacturing based economy it's an utter impossibility to maintain an effective military state of readiness in a world gone mad with holy conquest. Step Five: stop spending on credit with your kids as collateral to China.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 22:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Surely if you "keep government out of it altogether" there won't be any lawsuits related to the health care market. Or do you care to be more specific as to what you mean by "keep[ing] government out of it"?
    I knew you were going to ask that. As soon as someone sues they invite government involvement. The government needs to step aside and let the free market take place. I am not saying government has no responsibilities with regard to making laws protecting the public from scam jobs and making law, capping lawsuits. Also the court system must continue to be available to help settle disputes. Federal government however has no business getting involved in such matters. The situation we have now can be understood by comparing the cost of healthcare in the United States to other countries. Why is it this way? Big money corruption squeezing everyone into their system. Then big brother makes a law forcing folks to participate. They took what was wrong with the system and made it worse. A community can get together and build a hospital with all the expensive machines and staff it with doctors and nurses as well as organizational personal and not have to charge nearly as much if the lawsuits were kept down and insurance was out of the picture. Just the room costs alone in a hospital now are way way overpriced. Why should it cost so much more than a hotel room? Of course it has to be sterile but a little clorox water wipedown isn't that expensive. I can afford a triple bypass heart surgery in India but not here. I had a hernia surgery that cost 12000 dollars. It took them 30 minutes to fix it, no stay in the hospital, and an anesthesiologist. I wasn't the only one they worked on that day. How much really went to the doctors and nurses? Probably very little. I am sure the insurance companies got the biggest chunk of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree