Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1391
    27 Jan '17 01:291 edit
    It seems Donald Trump has been pressuring the park service to produce photos that back up his claims regarding crowd size at his inauguration. What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make anyway? This is just plain childish.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-pressured-park-service-to-back-up-his-claims-about-inauguration-crowd/2017/01/26/12a38cb8-e3fc-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.4ce552b2b185
  2. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Jan '17 01:451 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    It seems Donald Trump has been pressuring the park service to produce photos that back up his claims regarding crowd size at his inauguration. What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make any ...[text shortened]... guration-crowd/2017/01/26/12a38cb8-e3fc-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.4ce552b2b185
    Donald Trump comes from the world of 'reality television', where only ratings (popularity) matter.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35838
    27 Jan '17 01:53
    Originally posted by mchill
    It seems Donald Trump has been pressuring the park service to produce photos that back up his claims regarding crowd size at his inauguration. What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make any ...[text shortened]... guration-crowd/2017/01/26/12a38cb8-e3fc-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.4ce552b2b185
    It goes beyond this. His constant excoriation of the media is part of a campaign aimed at silencing, or at least reducing the efficacy of, media in general, and replacing it with his own propaganda machine. Fox News, anyone?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    27 Jan '17 01:57
    He is just reminding them that he's the President now, not Obama.

    Republicans have been disrespected for some time now. He won't stand for people working under him to disrespect him.

    I see nothing wrong with that.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    27 Jan '17 02:00
    Originally posted by mchill
    It seems Donald Trump has been pressuring the park service to produce photos that back up his claims regarding crowd size at his inauguration. What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make any ...[text shortened]... guration-crowd/2017/01/26/12a38cb8-e3fc-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.4ce552b2b185
    Maybe the crowds are afraid Madonna might blow them all up.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    27 Jan '17 03:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It goes beyond this. His constant excoriation of the media is part of a campaign aimed at silencing, or at least reducing the efficacy of, media in general, and replacing it with his own propaganda machine. Fox News, anyone?
    Reducing the efficacy of the media?
    That's Trump's master plan?
    Genius!
    This guy found a time machine, went back several decades and began the long con of removing every shred of integrity, every vestige of truth and then replaced those with the propaganda of power elite script...
    and THEN ran for president!

    Here is a (non-FAKE) NEWS flash, princess: The MSM hasn't had credibility for years.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    27 Jan '17 03:38
    Originally posted by mchill
    It seems Donald Trump has been pressuring the park service to produce photos that back up his claims regarding crowd size at his inauguration. What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make any ...[text shortened]... guration-crowd/2017/01/26/12a38cb8-e3fc-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.4ce552b2b185
    Look beyond the superficial and see what's actually being said.
    Just as the puerile have been quick to jump on here claiming 'he lies! he lies' in order to set the tone and the content of the narrative, Trump jumped on the MSM to immediately expose them and their quest to frame things in an unflattering way toward him.
    What was really a slam dunk has become a ship storm of accusation: truth is nowhere near the side of the claims of MSM, and yet we are barraged with the same mini-paragraph of crap rehashed in multiple forms, all in the effort to call up 'down' and down 'up.'
    This isn't about the crowd size, it's about what's going to be reported: facts or propaganda?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35838
    27 Jan '17 04:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Look beyond the superficial and see what's actually being said.
    Just as the puerile have been quick to jump on here claiming 'he lies! he lies' in order to set the tone and the content of the narrative, Trump jumped on the MSM to immediately expose them and their quest to frame things in an unflattering way toward him.
    What was really a slam dunk has bec ...[text shortened]... '
    This isn't about the crowd size, it's about what's going to be reported: facts or propaganda?
    Like "the earth is flat"?

    Or "we never went to the moon"?

    Or "global warming is a Chinese hoax"?

    Or, or, or, or....
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56249
    27 Jan '17 05:20
    Originally posted by mchill
    It seems Donald Trump has been pressuring the park service to produce photos that back up his claims regarding crowd size at his inauguration. What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make any ...[text shortened]... guration-crowd/2017/01/26/12a38cb8-e3fc-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.4ce552b2b185
    I reckon it's a Freudian compensation for his small hands.
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82185
    27 Jan '17 06:57
    Originally posted by Eladar
    He is just reminding them that he's the President now, not Obama.

    Republicans have been disrespected for some time now. He won't stand for people working under him to disrespect him.

    I see nothing wrong with that.
    It's this blatant inversion of what the right did to Obama for 8 long years that is staggering in its brazenness.

    Who has been disrespected? Which President did Mitch McConnell vow to obstruct at every turn?

    To paraphrase Bill Maher, the GOP is now the party of whiny little bitches whose stock in trade is to call out the Dems as being whiny. Oh the hypocrisy, and all in the same breath. The right really has become the party of Lenin. Accuse your opponent of what you are doing. Check.....
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82185
    27 Jan '17 07:00
    Originally posted by mchill
    ....What is it with this man and his obsession with crowd size? Is he so insecure that he cannot accept the fact that another President may have had larger crowds at their inauguration? And what difference does it make anyway? This is just plain childish....
    Depressingly it seems the next 4-8 years will be a referendum on the size of the Trump penis.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    27 Jan '17 11:221 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Depressingly it seems the next 4-8 years will be a referendum on the size of the Trump penis.
    I could live with that if that was ALL we had to worry about from a Trumpf card.

    He doesn't seem to even know Mexico is our biggest trade partner at a quarter TRILLION a year and he is screwing around threatening to put on a tarrif on incoming Mexican goods? I think he has been talked out of that but it just goes to show you what an idiot he is. He has all the diplomatic charm of a cobra riding a Brahma bull in a china shop.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    27 Jan '17 12:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Like "the earth is flat"?

    Or "we never went to the moon"?

    Or "global warming is a Chinese hoax"?

    Or, or, or, or....
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Not heard that one; as many scientists have opined, my position on global warming is an all-time thing and no need to panic.
    However, that being said, weren't you supposed to school me on the definition of climate change?
    You fell uncharacteristically silent when faced with proof of my claim regarding what the phenomenon is.
    Curious.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    27 Jan '17 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I could live with that if that was ALL we had to worry about from a Trumpf card.

    He doesn't seem to even know Mexico is our biggest trade partner at a quarter TRILLION a year and he is screwing around threatening to put on a tarrif on incoming Mexican goods? I think he has been talked out of that but it just goes to show you what an idiot he is. He has all the diplomatic charm of a cobra riding a Brahma bull in a china shop.
    "He doesn't seem to even know..."

    You, sir, are an idiot.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    27 Jan '17 13:19
    Originally posted by kmax87
    It's this blatant inversion of what the right did to Obama for 8 long years that is staggering in its brazenness.

    Who has been disrespected? Which President did Mitch McConnell vow to obstruct at every turn?

    To paraphrase Bill Maher, the GOP is now the party of whiny little bitches whose stock in trade is to call out the Dems as being whiny. Oh the hypo ...[text shortened]... ght really has become the party of Lenin. Accuse your opponent of what you are doing. Check.....
    Bachmann was disrespected when she showed up on a late night show.

    It never would have happened to a Democrat, but mainstream American culture believes that Republicans are free game to be belittled.

    Trump is standing up and putting people in their place.
Back to Top