1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 14:07
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "Then there is the age issue. So if the age should be raised to 21 to own a gun, how about raising the age to go to war to 21 and the age of voting to 21?

Makes the same amount of sense to me."

[b]agree totally
    [/b]
    But we both know that the left will NEVER agree to raise the age to vote.

They want voters who vote on emotion, not intellect.

So do you agree with keeping the "mentally ill" from owning guns?

Remember, the former USSR labeled their political opponents as mentally ill and carted them away.

What constitutes mental illness? Depression? If so, you may as well take away all the guns.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 14:20
    Originally posted by @whodey

Which is why conservatives voted for Trump, right?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 14:372 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Which is why conservatives voted for Trump, right?
    Conservatives tend to hate Trump. He is from New York city, and as such, he has the morality of a narcissistic man-whore. His only appeal is that he is such a dick that he seems impervious to the never ending attacks from the left because they are all a bunch of hoodlums with the power of the establishment behind them.

So no, voting for him was not based upon emotion. It was a calculate move that essentially was an act of desperation.

I don't think that even his children like him.

Conversely, the Dims will probably run someone like Bernie Sanders again. They will run some likeable silver tongued stooge who will bring about more centralized control over the masses as freedoms disappear.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 23:07
    Originally posted by @whodey

So do you agree with keeping the "mentally ill" from owning guns?

Remember, the former USSR labeled their political opponents as mentally ill and carted them away.

What constitutes mental illness? Depression? If so, you may as well take away all the guns.
    yes, because the people that voted for trump despite there being ample evidence he is lying about everything did so on intellect. because the people that voted against hillary because they didn't like her did so governed by intellect.

while on the subject, the voting age should be lowered, not raised.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree