1. RSA
    Moves
    07 Nov '16 19:421 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Pat Robertson for one. He's famous world over.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '16 20:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    What BS! You can't possibly believe that ad is anti-Semitic. I'm not surprised that TPM, which will do anything to help Clinton, spins it as such, but I'm surprised you'd fall for it.

Soros is a well-known dem operative and Yellin is merely a member of the executive administration being criticized. That they're Jews is beside the point. Calling that as anti- ...[text shortened]... nti-Semitic any more than my saying Ryan Fitzpatrick is a lousy quarterback makes me anti-Irish.
    You are right. People are all too ready to sling the labels. I have not seen evidence Trump is against any group of people at all except Hillary and her supporters for the time being. This is expected.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    07 Nov '16 21:57
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    You are right. People are all too ready to sling the labels. I have not seen evidence Trump is against any group of people at all except Hillary and her supporters for the time being. This is expected.
    If you wish to see such "evidence," I recommend investigating what Trump has said and done. You won't believe some of the things he said!
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Nov '16 23:071 edit
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Nov '16 23:43
    Originally posted by finnegan
    What Finn means is that he doesn't have a clue... about anything.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 01:431 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 08:42
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Really?
    You've seen and heard no reason what-so-ever that Trump is against groups of people?

None?

No walls? No generalisations? Nothing about religions? Or women? Or democrats?

You've heard and seen nothing?

Either you are stupid or a liar.

Me thinks.
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 15:06
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'll grant you that he is probably not as bigoted against Jews as he is against blacks or Latinos.
    Whether he is bigoted himself is kind of beside the point. What's clear is that he exploits bigotry.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 22:44

10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 23:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There probably are, but the point is that anti-Jewish bigotry has a very specific history which he is playing into. A very religious basis to it. Jews are "Christ-killers" who are set on world domination, who are the backbone of communism, and run the banking system so are responsible for all economic woes. The evangelists who claim to support Israel don't do so out of love for Jewish culture and people - it fulfills their interpretation of Bible prophecy and so the "bad Jews" are at the core of the problem. They turned on Christ 2000 years ago and they are relentless.

It's a core aspect of certain populist ideology. And it's a dangerous flame to fan, as we know from history.

Many Muslims are also, of course, Semites. So there's no real need to even differentiate between the hatreds. Jews and Muslims are cousins, sometimes literally.

The game Trump is playing - whether or not he actually holds these bigotries - much like I don't think he's anti-choice. Probably not pro-choice. He just doesn't care. He doesn't have ideology. He uses it. And that's extremely dangerous.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 23:201 edit

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 02:05

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree