1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 12:241 edit
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/09/05/trumps-history-of-corruption-is-mind-boggling-so-why-is-clinton-supposedly-the-corrupt-one/?utm_term=.84b77600c46e

So all trump had to do was pay a judge $25,000 to drop the investigations into Trump U?

I guess this is just expected at the top levels.

No accountability. The laws are for the little people.

Trump and Hillary deserve each other.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 12:26
    Should the government be considered legitimate considering the staggering level of corruption within it?

At what point does a government cease to be legitimate?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 13:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    Should the government be considered legitimate considering the staggering level of corruption within it?

Governments, you get what you pay for.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 14:05

That very much depends on what you mean by legitimate.
    Most corruption in the US is legalised, so by the strict dictionary definition it is legitimate.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 14:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That very much depends on what you mean by legitimate.
    Most corruption in the US is legalised, so by the strict dictionary definition it is legitimate.
    The Post’s David A. Fahrenthold reported that Trump paid a penalty to the IRS after his foundation made an illegal contribution to Bondi’s PAC.

According to the article above it was not legal.

Of course, with most news stories this is a biased one that insists that Hillary is completely innocent of anything she was accused of even though if it were someone else the powers that be would have come down hard on her, because everyone else is treated much differently. Then their is the whole affair with the Clinton Foundation which may be legal to some degree but is obviously corrupt beyond measure.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 15:09
    I think at some point as Dims clamor about such things as Bush illegally invading Iraq on a lie and a war criminal and Hillary and Obama being Constitutionally lawless from the other side of the political spectrum that at some point they will simply delegitimize each other.

Or the populace will continue to be blind partisan shills, which appears to be the case.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 15:51
    The Post’s David A. Fahrenthold reported that Trump paid a penalty to the IRS after his foundation made an illegal contribution to Bondi’s PAC.

According to the article above it was not legal.

Of course, with most news stories this is a biased one that insists that Hillary is completely innocent of anything she was accused of even though if it were some ...[text shortened]... he Clinton Foundation which may be legal to some degree but is obviously corrupt beyond measure.
    You are rambling so much that I fail to follow. Was there meant to be a point in there somewhere?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 17:56
    You are rambling so much that I fail to follow. Was there meant to be a point in there somewhere?
    The point is that Trump was doing something illegal but no one holds him accountable.

The same could be said of Hillary
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 18:14
    The point is that Trump was doing something illegal but no one holds him accountable.
    I thought you said he was fined?

What illegal things is Clinton doing?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 19:21
    I thought you said he was fined?

What illegal things is Clinton doing?
    The money he gave was not a fine, it was a "contribution"
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 19:26
    For which, I thought you said, he was fined. Was he fined or not? Was he charged with breaking a law or not? Who should have charged him if he did break the law?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 19:29
    For which, I thought you said, he was fined. Was he fined or not? Was he charged with breaking a law or not? Who should have charged him if he did break the law?
    From the article

While the Trump organization characterizes that as a bureaucratic oversight, the basic facts are that Bondi’s office had received multiple complaints from Floridians who said they were cheated by Trump University; while they were looking into it and considering whether to join a lawsuit over Trump University filed by the attorney general of New York State, Bondi called Trump and asked him for a $25,000 donation; shortly after getting the check, Bondi’s office dropped the inquiry.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 19:34
    From the article

While the Trump organization characterizes that as a bureaucratic oversight, the basic facts are that Bondi’s office had received multiple complaints from Floridians who said they were cheated by Trump University; while they were looking into it and considering whether to join a lawsuit over Trump University filed by the attorney general o ...[text shortened]... him for a $25,000 donation; shortly after getting the check, Bondi’s office dropped the inquiry.
    And? Are you going to answer my questions, or continue dodging them forever?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 08:03
    It was clearly "pay to play". Wake up from your Randian dreaming.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 18:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It was clearly "pay to play". Wake up from your Randian dreaming.
    Hey, everybody!
    Look who just stumbled onto a newly-discovered philosophical idea!
    Watch as she weaves into as many sentences and threads as possible to prove she knows what she's talking about!
    Our hero!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree