1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 01:12
    He is trying to help the dreamers if only Democrats will allow him...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-seek-dollar25-bln-for-border-wall-open-to-dreamer-citizenship/ar-AAv8ChQ?ocid=spartandhp
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 01:21
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-seek-dollar25-bln-for-border-wall-open-to-dreamer-citizenship/ar-AAv8ChQ?ocid=spartandhp
    Isn't he the one who announced he is ending the DACA program? Could you explain how that "helps" the Dreamers?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 01:24
    BTW, why do we need to spend $25 billion on building the Wall? Shouldn't Mexico just cut the US government a check like Trump promised in the campaign?
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 01:40
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Isn't he the one who announced he is ending the DACA program? Could you explain how that "helps" the Dreamers?
    You are ridiculous. DACA will have to be ended if the dreamers are going to get a pathway to citizenship. Do you understand what DEFERRED ACTION means?
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 01:411 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    BTW, why do we need to spend $25 billion on building the Wall? Shouldn't Mexico just cut the US government a check like Trump promised in the campaign?
    I guess a fool would think it works like that. Trump never promised they would cut a check...just another lie you tell.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 02:15
    I guess a fool would think it works like that. Trump never promised they would cut a check...just another lie you tell.
    Is the desperation setting in yet?
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 02:19
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Is the desperation setting in yet?
    Yes it is...I held out hope for you but you continued downhill head first.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 02:31
    Could you show me where during the campaign Trump said: "Well, of course, at first the Wall will be paid for by you, the American taxpayer, but then - eventually - I'll figure out a way for the Mexican government to pay you back."

Of course, that's a hypothetical paraphrase; I'd take anything close to it from the Donald's mouth.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 03:02
    Yes of course when Trump said they'd pay, what he really meant they would pay by not having easy access into the US, they would pay by not being able to get all the benefits of really low paid work and the satisfaction of being despised for doing the heavy lifting in the American economy without truly benefitting from it, so yes in short they would pay in terms lost opportunity.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 05:05
    Well, I’m not sure if Trump ever said Mexico will write a cheque (although it is referred to... so he probably did at one point), but he’s certainly adament that Mexico will pay for the wall.

And nowhere does he, in 2016, say American Taxpayers are going to front the bill.

But I have to admit, it’s like ploughing through a cesspit of
    madness.

YouTube

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/wild-donald-trump-quotes/14/
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 14:552 edits
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Well, I’m not sure if Trump ever said Mexico will write a cheque (although it is referred to... so he probably did at one point), but he’s certainly adament that Mexico will pay for the wall.

And nowhere does he, in 2016, say American Taxpayers are going to front the bill.

But I have to admit, it’s like ploughing through a cesspit of
    madness.

https://youtu.be/-yfIxBjOw3o

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/wild-donald-trump-quotes/14/
    "And nowhere does he, in 2016, say American Taxpayers are going to front the bill."

To use your exact logic...nowhere did Trump in 2016 say taxpayers wouldn't front the bill...see how that works?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 05:591 edit
    "And nowhere does he, in 2016, say American Taxpayers are going to front the bill."

To use your exact logic...[b]nowhere did Trump in 2016 say taxpayers wouldn't front the bill
    ...see how that works?[/b]
    What he did say was "... and Mexico will pay for it."

He said this multiple times on multiple occasions. This is not saying that American taxpayers would pay for it, is it?

When are you going to finally take my advice and learn to read?
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 06:10
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    What he did say was "... and Mexico will pay for it."

He said this multiple times on multiple occasions. This is not saying that American taxpayers [b]would
    pay for it, is it?

When are you going to finally take my advice and learn to read?[/b]
    What Suzianne says.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 11:14

He may have pulled of getting the GOP behind legalizing all Mexicans, and Mexican that desires so long as they can make the perilous journey, American citizens.

As for the wall, pfft, sure, that is pie in the sky some day......................................NEVER!

LOL.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 01:516 edits
    Then there's reality. Trump often stated that Mexico would pay for the wall and not just figuratively or "indirectly". It was a really despicable plan to coerce them. But that's how the mind of a bully with the maturity of a 12-year-old works.

It's remarkable how far removed from reality Trump supporters can be.

Following was Trump's plan to have Mexico pay for the wall:

April 2016
    Donald Trump says he would force Mexico to pay for a border wall as president by threatening to cut off the flow of billions of dollars in payments that immigrants send home to the country, an idea that could decimate the Mexican economy and set up an unprecedented showdown between the United States and a key regional ally.

In a two-page memo to The Washington Post, Trump outlined for the first time how he would seek to force Mexico to pay for his 1,000-mile border fence, which Trump has made a cornerstone of his presidential campaign and which has been repeatedly scoffed at by current and former Mexican leaders.

The proposal would jeopardize a stream of cash that many economists say is vital for Mexico’s struggling economy. But the feasibility of Trump’s plan is unclear both legally and politically, and it would test the bounds of a president’s executive powers in seeking to pressure another country.

In the memo, Trump said he would threaten to change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to cut off a portion of the funds sent to Mexico through money transfers, commonly known as remittances. The threat would be withdrawn if Mexico made “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” to pay for the border wall, he wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-would-seek-to-block-money-transfers-to-force-mexico-to-fund-border-wall/2016/04/05/c0196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?utm_term=.e8e9a8332238

You can see the original memo here:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-explains-how-donald-trump-plans-to-pay-for-border-wall/2007/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree