Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 May '17 22:06
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do you know for a fact it happened?
    Well given that Trump's busy justifying sharing the information [1], yes it did happen. The problem is one of breaking protocol. The information came from an ally, probably Israel, and normal procedure is to get their permission before sharing the information with third parties. The problem Trump has caused is that US allies will be reluctant to share information for the remainder of this presidency for fear of their human intelligence sources being burnt. I think impeachment is off the scale for this, what he did wasn't unreasonable, he just didn't follow the correct procedure, in a normal presidency the consequences would actually be worse. In this railcrash of a presidency the foreign power who provided the Intel will just ask the head of the CIA to keep their tipoffs away from the President unless it's essential he knows it.

There's a list of quotes in the BBC story I referenced, the funniest is from a Kremlin spokesman:

"We generally do not want to have anything to do with this nonsense" - Dmitry Peskov, Kremlin spokesman

[1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39937258
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '17 22:142 edits

This post is unavailable.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '17 22:181 edit

5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 May '17 22:321 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I already did explain it. It's very simple really. Was it legal for Bill Clinton to have a full grown adult woman give him a consensual sex act? There ya go.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 May '17 23:09
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I already did explain it. It's very simple really. Was it legal for Bill Clinton to have a full grown adult woman give him a consensual sex act? There ya go.
    That was a bit hard.
    To swallow.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 May '17 23:52
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    You don't even know what was said. The establishment probably has a problem with Trump actually helping Russia fight ISIS. The USA has been secretly arming ISIS in Syria so they can fight ASSAD while bombing ISIS in Iraq.

ISIS in Syria good, ISIS in Iraq (puppet gov) bad.
    The US has conducted on;y slightly less air strikes in Syria against ISIS than it has in Iraq:

The U.S. has conducted 16,902 strikes in Iraq and Syria (8,646 Iraq / 8,256 Syria).

https://www.defense.gov/News/Special-Reports/0814_Inherent-Resolve/
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 May '17 23:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    They didn't arrest Hillary and the FBI said she did release classified and top secret information.

Last time I checked Hillary isn't President.
    The FBI never claimed such a thing.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:35
    Excuse me, I comprehend that Trump has this power. I said, "anyone else" would have suffered consequences. Many who most likely have far more knowledge of the law than you feel that an independent investigation into Trump's Russian connections may well justify impeachment.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:41
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    If He puts our service members lives, or the lives of our allies at risk, he most certainly can be impeached. The Senate and Congress have overwhelming power to override his desire for his dictatorship over America. Hell, they impeached Bill Clinton for him letting a 22 year old begging intern give him a blow job. However, it did not work. Trump can ...[text shortened]... hed and he should have been about 100 days ago for treason against the United States of America.
    I thought bill did not have sex with that woman. He even said as much.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:49

12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 May '17 03:30
    For the record, even an ignorant Phranny is far more intelligent than the abusive harpy Duchess64.
  13. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    17 May '17 03:56
    Originally posted by mchill
    President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

I wonder how the "fair and balanced" folks at FOX NEWS will spin this ...[text shortened]... ified-information-russia-intel-white-house-minister-ambassador-lavrov-kislyak-isis-a7737706.html
    So did 0. And a sitting prez can declassify info at will.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 May '17 05:37
    It's not because of what he done being illegal... it's because of the timing and the complete lack of judgement...

That's why this story is bat-faeces funny, crazy as hell and as funny as GW JR now actually sounding wise in comparison...
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 May '17 05:44
    But... the president legally being able to over-rule security services and security agreements with foreign nations is completely ludricous anyway.

Imagine the US sharing intelligence on Syria with Britain (in the understanding that it's for Britain's eyes only) and that the prime-minister, in the middle of a "firing M because he was investigating Iran / prime-minister ties" scandal handed the intel over to an Iranian delegation at Downing street...

See how it looks?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree