1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 15:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Mortgage rates didn't increase "years ago". Nor was the balance in the MMIF so high above statutory required levels "years ago".
    Mortgage rates are still low.

Higher rates do not effect fixed rate loans.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ok thanks I was unaware although from the perspective of helping low to middle income families its difficult to understand. Its still very Scrooge like and mean spirited.
    C'mon, Robbie, this is who Trump is!

We tried to tell all the Trump supporters, but Nooooooooooo...
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar

This is was to be a mortgage FEE rate cut. Pay attention, please.

Oh, but wait. If you morons were actually paying attention, this 1%'er would have never been elected. Thanks for screwing all of us, Republican.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:11
    Originally posted by bob58
    Hopefully this will help avoid another housing crisis. This does not cost existing loan holders any additional money, it makes it harder for high risk people (scores as low as 580) to get a new mortgage. The banks would of course like to lend to people who having an iffy chance of repaying the loan since these loans generate up front fees and the government (taxpayers) are on the hook if borrower defaults.

Seems to me to be a sound policy.
    Sure it doesn't cost existing mortgage holders any more money, but it cancels a fee rate cut. It prevents us from saving $500 a year on the fees. That is significant.

This is not sound policy. It is Republican policy. "I got mine, screw you."
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:12

They affect new loans, don't they? That is what is being discussed:

Based on analysis by Attom Data Solutions, the reversal means an extra $446 million for the MMIF, and concurrently that much less in the pocketbooks of an estimated 1 million homebuyers projected to take out FHA loans in 2017.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:17
    In fact it was a last minute move that could have been done years ago.
    Except for the Republican Congress who stonewalled on everything Obama tried to do to help the middle-class. And now these kinds of moves by a Federal agency (in this case HUD) to put rules into place to actually help homeowners will have to be OK'ed by Congress first. Do you think they'll sign off on helping homeowners? Dream on.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Except for the Republican Congress who stonewalled on everything Obama tried to do to help the middle-class. And now these kinds of moves by a Federal agency (in this case HUD) to put rules into place to actually help homeowners will have to be OK'ed by Congress first. Do you think they'll sign off on helping homeowners? Dream on.
    No, they don't have to be OK'ed by Congress first. The REINS act is not law as the Senate has not even taken it up.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is was to be a mortgage FEE rate cut. Pay attention, please.

Oh, but wait. If you morons were actually paying attention, this 1%'er would have never been elected. Thanks for screwing all of us, Republican.
    So it would only apply to new loans which means very few people.

In any case, Obama should have done this long ago. You are a fool but nothing new.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:41

In any case, Obama should have done this long ago. You are a fool but nothing new.
    If one million people this year is "very few", yes it applies to "very few people".
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 17:491 edit
    If one million people this year is "very few", yes it applies to "very few people".
    It is very few. Less than 1 percent?

Somehow all these great programs for rhe middle class never includes me.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 18:37
    It is very few. Less than 1 percent?

Somehow all these great programs for rhe middle class never includes me.
    Don't be stupid; not everybody buys a house every year. FHA loans are about 1/6 of the total of home buyers annually which is hardly "very few".

BOO HOO for you. In fact, IF you own a home, increased demand caused by the availability of FHA loans would tend to increase its value.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 18:45
    Don't be stupid; not everybody buys a house every year. FHA loans are about 1/6 of the total of home buyers annually which is hardly "very few".

BOO HOO for you. In fact, IF you own a home, increased demand caused by the availability of FHA loans would tend to increase its value.
    Less than 1 percent is very few.

I was right and you are embarrassing yourself trying to rationalize why you are not wrong by saying few people buy houses.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 03:50
    Less than 1 percent is very few.

I was right and you are embarrassing yourself trying to rationalize why you are not wrong by saying few people buy houses.
    One million people is "very few".

Sure.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 04:361 edit
    Not really difficult to understand at all:

In addition, by making FHA loans more expensive, traditional bank mortgages become more competitive. Banks typically earn more in profit from of their own products than from FHA loans. So this initial Trump policy also generates a competitive advantage for mortgage lenders to make more money for their busines ...[text shortened]... t appoint all those Goldy Sachs guys to high positions to work against the big banks' interests.
    King Donald?

Wait...wut? The President has too much power?

The hell you say.

It took a Republican to finally get you to utter those words?

It's about time man.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 05:46

Wrong. Read the OP again.

It would also have saved homeowners with current FHA mortgages about $500 a year. This would have directly helped many in the middle-class, the very people Trump called "my people". Fact is, he doesn't give a rip about them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree