1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As usual, Bernie got it right:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) on Thursday blasted Donald Trump's reported deal to keep 1,000 Carrier jobs in Indiana, warning that the agreement could set a bad precedent for companies looking for tax breaks.

"Trump has endangered the jobs of workers who were previously safe in the United States. Why? Because he has sign ...[text shortened]... ted States and move abroad?"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sanders-carrier-deal-trump
    What is different from this than Obama bailing out GM or any other corporate entity so that Americans will have jobs?

Moreover, what would Bernie have done, let the leave? Imprison them?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 14:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is different from this than Obama bailing out GM or any other corporate entity so that Americans will have jobs?
    The company in question isn't on the brink of financial ruin which could have devastating ripple effects on the economy. They're just being bribed to not ship jobs overseas.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 14:36
    Originally posted by vivify
    The company in question isn't on the brink of financial ruin which could have devastating ripple effects on the economy. They're just being bribed to not ship jobs overseas.
    Sooo, losing GM jobs would have been devastating but not losing jobs with Carrier.

Got it! Glad to participate on corporate hypocrisy.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 14:491 edit
    Sooo, losing GM jobs would have been devastating but not losing jobs with Carrier.

Got it! Glad to participate on corporate hypocrisy.
    Sooo you ignore where I mentioned GM neared financial ruin to continue being a conservative puppet?

Got it.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 14:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I thought he was going to him them with a 35 percent tariff. The Dumpster is such a liar.
    Robbie, not long ago you were singing the praises of "The Donald" What happened??
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:03
    Originally posted by mchill
    Robbie, not long ago you were singing the praises of "The Donald" What happened??
    I always respect when people give honest criticisms of their own side.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:26
    In November, the unemployment rate fell to 4.6 percent from 4.9 percent. The last time it was this low was August 2007, just prior to the Great Recession which was brought to us by GOP supported corporate greed. We are basically at nearly full employment. If you want to see better paying jobs and a growing economy, the government will have to start making it far easier for current and future workers to get an affordable post secondary education or training along with active government support for new technologies, especially in the area of clean energy ie Elan Musk's Tesla Corp. Trump's Carrier stunt is great PR but it does not represent an economic policy that leads to economic growth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/upshot/the-new-jobs-numbers-signal-the-end-of-an-economic-era.html
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:19
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Obama was too stupid to figure this out.
    Or too ethical.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:362 edits
    Originally posted by mchill
    I don't think I have ever sang Mr. Trumps praises. This is a common misconception that just because I was against Mrs. Clinton that I supported Donald Trump. They appear to me to be both part of the same plutocracy. The problem with Mr. Trump is that he cannot be trusted, he will do anything if its expedient. He said he would repeal Obamacare, well its not quite so clear, he said he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, well not so fast, he acknowledged that Mrs. Clinton should face trial and then says she has suffered enough, he said that he would put a 35 percent tariff on those companies that would move their operations elsewhere and here we find him making concessions. Nothing he has said has transpired.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:45
    I don't think I have ever sang Mr. Trumps praises. This is a common misconception that just because I was against Mrs. Clinton that I supported Donald Trump. They appear to me to be both part of the same plutocracy. The problem with Mr. Trump is that he cannot be trusted, he will do anything if its expedient. He said he would repeal Obamacare, well ...[text shortened]... erations elsewhere and here we find him making concessions. Nothing he has said has transpired.
    What a surprise. For someone who lied as little as Donald Trump has over the course of his life and the campaign it truly blows my mind that he would break his - often contradictory - campaign promises.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 21:53
    Originally posted by vivify
    Sooo you ignore where I mentioned GM neared financial ruin to continue being a conservative puppet?

Got it.
    Listen, the bottom line is that if Trump continues to run around saving US jobs he will win reelection.

No one will give a damn about the details.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 23:251 edit
    Obama mocks Trump for saving jobs.

http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanpr-election-493995/watch-obama-mocked-trump-for-saying-15350028/

Not a good move.

"[W]hen somebody says, like [Trump], that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do?" Obama asked rhetorically. "There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer."
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 00:21
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Or too ethical.
    If it was ethics he could have described the victim unethical way to do it. No, Obama said there was no way to do it except by magic.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 05:12

Moreover, what would Bernie have done, let the leave? Imprison them?
    Bernie would have said, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

And, "Don't expect to sell your products in this country ever again, traitors."

These are the ones who should get their citizenship revoked, not those exercising their right to free speech by burning the flag.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 05:161 edit
    I don't think I have ever sang Mr. Trumps praises. This is a common misconception that just because I was against Mrs. Clinton that I supported Donald Trump. They appear to me to be both part of the same plutocracy. The problem with Mr. Trump is that he cannot be trusted, he will do anything if its expedient. He said he would repeal Obamacare, well ...[text shortened]... erations elsewhere and here we find him making concessions. Nothing he has said has transpired.
    Nice to see you following in the footsteps of the "Flip-Flopper-in-Chief".

If you, even for a moment, think that Hillary is the same (or worse) as Donald Trump, then yeah, you really are an idiot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree