Trump succeeds where Obama wouldn't have

Trump succeeds where Obama wouldn't have

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
01 Dec 16

This isn't a sarcastic post. Trump recently struck a deal with a large company that resulted in them keeping jobs in the U.S. rather than bringing them to Mexico. To be clear: the deal is far from perfect; but Trump succeeded where Obama most likely wouldn't have. The video explains why.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by vivify
This isn't a sarcastic post. Trump recently struck a deal with a large company that resulted in them keeping jobs in the U.S. rather than bringing them to Mexico. To be clear: the deal is far from perfect; but Trump succeeded where Obama most likely wouldn't have. The video explains why.

[youtube]kXnsF2-pav8[/youtube]
Sounds like a great deal for the US tax payer.

Moves
01 Dec 16

He bribed them with Indiana tax money. That's why Pence isn't giving up his position just yet. He has to clear the money.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 16

In the campaign, Trump promised to punish companies that outsourced US jobs not have the taxpayers pay subsidies so they wouldn't do so.

E

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by no1marauder
In the campaign, Trump promised to punish companies that outsourced US jobs not have the taxpayers pay subsidies so they wouldn't do so.
True but only a person who made similar points about Obama's lies doesn't come off as a hypocrite while pointing it out.

w

Moves
01 Dec 16
4 edits

That is what you would call a lie, wouldn't' you agree? After all, it's not like we are talking about your girl Hillary here.

At least Trump is not taking away your doctor and health coverage and raising your premiums at the same time.

Speaking of promising to punish, Hillary does not have a care in the world now, other than counting votes at taxpayer expense after promising to abide by the election results.

rain

Moves
01 Dec 16
1 edit

Yes; and this is part of what makes this far from perfect. As a Republican, you can't really expect him to punish companies for outsourcing jobs; and as a businessman who not only outsourced, but hired illegals to pay them slave-wages, I don't think Trump has it in him to do that.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side of Trump election, I guess. Some jobs were kept in the U.S. Obviously, we can't afford to keep bribing every company who wants to outsource.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by whodey
That is what you would call a lie, wouldn't' you agree? After all, it's not like we are talking about your girl Hillary here.

At least Trump is not taking away your doctor and health coverage and raising your premiums at the same time.

Speaking of promising to punish, Hillary does not have a care in the world now, other than counting votes at taxpayer expense after promising to abide by the election results.
Shouldn't you be back in the other thread complaining about whether Hillary wears makeup or not?

rc

Moves
01 Dec 16

Yes; and this is part of what makes this far from perfect. As a Republican, you can't really expect him to punish companies for outsourcing jobs; and as a businessman who not only outsourced, but hired illegals to pay them slave-wages, I don't think Trump has it in him to do that.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side of Trump election, I guess. So ...[text shortened]... ept in the U.S. Obviously, we can't afford to keep bribing every company who wants to outsource.
I thought he was going to him them with a 35 percent tariff. The Dumpster is such a liar.

q

Moves
01 Dec 16

I don't think this is a success or failure, it is merely a highlight of the issue. If the United States continues to have higher tax costs, business are going to be inclined at times to do business where it is cheaper. If the US want to keep those business it may have to reduce costs -- tax breaks or other offsetting benefits. Whether or not it is a good deal obviously depends on the details, but it seems more efficient and fair to lower tax burdens than individually negotiate each case.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 16

Really?

Trump is going to need a thousand "Carriers" to save more jobs than Obama.

Now how much tax revenue that will cost America is another story entirely.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
True but only a person who made similar points about Obama's lies doesn't come off as a hypocrite while pointing it out.
Brainless, as usual.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by quackquack
I don't think this is a success or failure, it is merely a highlight of the issue. If the United States continues to have higher tax costs, business are going to be inclined at times to do business where it is cheaper. If the US want to keep those business it may have to reduce costs -- tax breaks or other offsetting benefits. Whether or not it is a g ...[text shortened]... but it seems more efficient and fair to lower tax burdens than individually negotiate each case.
Of course, reduce the corporate tax so that revenue must be picked up by those "little people" who get to keep their jobs. Genius.

And oh, so "American".

Forget "E Pluribus Unum". How about making it "Screw the Little Guy"?

w

Moves
01 Dec 16
2 edits

Shouldn't you be back in the other thread complaining about whether Hillary wears makeup or not?
I noticed you did not join in to support Hillary in not wearing makeup, you sexist pig.

You are a makeup oppressor. 😠

K

Germany

Moves
01 Dec 16

So how many public servants is Trump going to lay off to fund these subsidies?