1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 12:371 edit
    All things have become Trump!

So this question is for left wingers, if Trump destroys the GOP will he become a folk hero?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:10
    If he had won Ohio, I'd agree with you.

He didn't so he doesn't have 50% yet. If he doesn't win it in the first vote, he won't win it at all.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If he had won Ohio, I'd agree with you.

He didn't so he doesn't have 50% yet. If he doesn't win it in the first vote, he won't win it at all.
    Say Trump winds up with by far the most delegates but say 50-100 short of a majority after the primary season is over.

Do you think the Convention would pass him by for another candidate? And if they did, what would you think that Trump supporters would do?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:16
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Say Trump winds up with by far the most delegates but say 50-100 short of a majority after the primary season is over.

Do you think the Convention would pass him by for another candidate? And if they did, what would you think that Trump supporters would do?
    I have no doubt that they'd ignore both Trump and Cruz.

Does the establishment give a second thought to the rabble?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:211 edit

If they bypass Trump after he has obtained the most delegates/votes then all hell will break loose.

My guess is a third party.

But considering that even Bill Clinton could not obtain more than 50% of the vote, it may be that the establishment requires a third party to even get elected now. That way they need less and less votes to hold power.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:25
    I have no doubt that they'd ignore both Trump and Cruz.

Does the establishment give a second thought to the rabble?
    Trump and Cruz delegates will be the vast majority at the Convention; I don't know how both would be ignored.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    If they bypass Trump after he has obtained the most delegates/votes then all hell will break loose.

My guess is a third party.

But considering that even Bill Clinton could not obtain more than 50% of the vote, it may be that the establishment requires a third party to even get elected now. That way they need less and less votes to hold power.
    August will be far too late to establish a third party to run in November as most State filing deadlines will have passed.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:301 edit
    August will be far too late to establish a third party to run in November as most State filing deadlines will have passed.
    Trump does not need a party to go third party.

Admittedly, I don't know all the rules in regards to getting on the ballot. There may be a deadline I don't know, but that would be the only thing stopping him.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 19:31
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 22:23
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html
    Trump and Cruz, masters of moderation that they are, are speaking of "riots" and "revolt" IF a brokered convention results in a nominee who did not win the most delegates in the primary season.http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0WG0YL
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:541 edit
    The problem with right wing rioters is that they mostly live in a rural environment where there is less private property to destroy.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 03:30
    Trump and Cruz, masters of moderation that they are, are speaking of "riots" and "revolt" IF a brokered convention results in a nominee who did not win the most delegates in the primary season.http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0WG0YL
    Never fear, Obama's police state is near.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree