1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 11:58
    YouTube

About 75000 coal industry jobs, many of which concentrated into key presidential swing states. Explain again how the electoral system is fair when 75000 people will be pandered to in order to win a presidential election, how the US will start moving towards renewable energy sources.

Several environmental policies have been repealed as a result (harming the entire US). These will do jack squat to create jobs, it will hardly save even those 75 thousand job. Most experts agree those jobs aren't coming back, and it had nothing to do with oppressive regulation. It's a dying industry, it's inefficient, it's dirty (i laugh my ass off whenever i hear the trump talking about clean coal).
    To put things in perspective, 650 thousand jobs are linked to renewable energy.

In short, the donald repealed environmental regulations in order to NOT save 75 000 jobs, to help China become the leading force in environment protection (and those billions that come with manufacturing parts for clean energy industry) and to harm Americans that are working in clean energy industry and all the americans that will have to drink water polluted by the coal industry free to dump waste into rivers.

It was never going to be America first. It's Americans living in swing states first.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 12:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    It's Americans living in swing states first.
    I doubt this has anything whatsoever to do with voters. It has to do with political influence that the coal companies have.

Its probably unrelated, but rooftop solar will dramatically change the equation of who owns the power production. At present, most municipalities and local governments derive significant income from power supply. They will lose this source of income. They don't like that idea at all. So local governments are anti rooftop solar.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 12:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I doubt this has anything whatsoever to do with voters. It has to do with political influence that the coal companies have.

Its probably unrelated, but rooftop solar will dramatically change the equation of who owns the power production. At present, most municipalities and local governments derive significant income from power supply. They will lose th ...[text shortened]... source of income. They don't like that idea at all. So local governments are anti rooftop solar.
    "I doubt this has anything whatsoever to do with voters. It has to do with political influence that the coal companies have."
    of course that's the real reason behind deregulating the coal industry.

i was talking about making a specific promise to a specific group of people in those swing states that most likely was a top reason why he won those states. a promise that will prove to have been empty. If it wasn't for the dumb electoral system, clinton would have had won (she had more votes)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree