1. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 13:48
    @suzianne said
    Biden was elected by that one concept, that he's nothing like Trump.
    And she keeps dropping little pebbles of wisdom😁.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 13:57
    @AverageJoe1

C'mon, Joe, get real. We both know Trump hasn't the foggiest idea how diplomacy works. His track record speaks for itself:

His so-called perfect phone call to Ukraine, which very nearly got him impeached.

His comment when the news of Russia's invasion of Ukraine first broke, that Putin was so very "savvy" to do that -- sorry, no playing the 'sarcasm' card, that's been played out already.

Not only failed to get Iran back to the negotiating table, Iran is now much closer to weapons-grade fissionable materials than before.

Not only failed to get No. Korea back to the negotiating table, 'Rocket Man' has proceeded to test more and more-dangerous weapons than before.

Not only failed to resolve the Palestinian issue and get them back to the negotiating table (by sending his friggin' son-in-law with a totally one-sided 'deal' which gave Israel everything they ever wanted and the Palestinians nothing at all), he so alienated the Palestinians they probably won't be interested in a negotiated settlement for at least another generation.

Negotiated an utterly unrealistic exit of American troops from Afghanistan which handed the whole country to the Taliban on a silver platter in two weeks.

Nope, it's simply not credible that he has a plan to end the Ukraine war in 24 hours, aside from just giving Ukraine to his great pal, Vlad, on a silver platter.

Isn't it obvious he's just grandstanding? Bragging to get attention with his great pal, Hannity. That's all it ever is with Trump -- stealing the limelight with his vapid grandoisity.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 14:26
    @averagejoe1 said
    He is not the most innocent man on earth. Smart boy, I am sure you get political parlance? Or you don't?

Sonhuse, why have you never told us why 'No ID' is OK? Why?
    The government knows who you are. Why can't they just mail you a ballot, you vote and send it back? No ID needed.

Election "Day" should be eliminated. There's no need for everyone to go to a place on ONE day to vote. Send the ballots out by mail and send them back by a certain date, easy-peasy. The only ones who need to go somewhere to vote are people with no fixed mailing address. Give them a week to do so. These people should already have some form of government-issued ID so they can receive government services.

But noooooooo, you guys don't want that because that lets minorities vote just like white people, and you can't have that, you have to suppress them.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 14:31
    @moonbus said
    @AverageJoe1

His so-called perfect phone call to Ukraine, which very nearly got him impeached.
    Oh, he was impeached. Twice.

His Republican pals in the Senate just refused to remove him from office on both occasions, that's all.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 16:06
    @suzianne said

His Republican pals in the Senate just refused to remove him from office on both occasions, that's all.
    So it is. Twice. Sometimes I think the Republicans should run him again in ‘24, just so he could lose three in a row. 😆
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 17:103 edits
    @suzianne said
    Yes. However:

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/14/956621191/these-are-the-10-republicans-who-voted-to-impeach-trump

Trump had the most members of a president's own party to vote for his impeachment in U.S. history. That's still pretty significant.
  7. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 17:14
    @suzianne said
    The government knows who you are. Why can't they just mail you a ballot, you vote and send it back? No ID needed.

Election "Day" should be eliminated. There's no need for everyone to go to a place on ONE day to vote. Send the ballots out by mail and send them back by a certain date, easy-peasy. The only ones who need to go somewhere to vote are people with no fixed m ...[text shortened]... hat lets minorities vote just like white people, and you can't have that, you have to suppress them.
    Omg are you really this stupid?
  8. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 17:16
    @suzianne said

😝
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 17:541 edit
    @suzianne said

Election "Day" should be eliminated. There's no need for everyone to go to a place on ONE day to vote. Send the ballots out by mail and send them back by a certain date, easy-peasy. The only ones who need to go somewhere to vote are people with no fixed m ...[text shortened]... hat lets minorities vote just like white people, and you can't have that, you have to suppress them.
    The issue is ID Suzianne. You people simply change issues. Here, you treat us to some really smart election thoughts. You left out water availability.
    IDs, Suzianne. Sonhouse is pitiful on this issue. Do you know that it is over 500 days till the election? Is that time enough to work up an ID?? There are many types.
    Suzianne? 🤔
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 18:49
    @AverageJoe1

What’s the real issue here? The state of OR has had mail-in ballots for decades. You know what the error rate is? Less than 1%. There were something like 14 erroneous mail ballots cast. And not all of them were frauds. This is fraud claim is an invented crisis.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 19:15
    @moonbus said
    @AverageJoe1

What’s the real issue here? The state of OR has had mail-in ballots for decades. You know what the error rate is? Less than 1%. There were something like 14 erroneous mail ballots cast. And not all of them were frauds. This is fraud claim is an invented crisis.
    No No No, Suzianne changed it to Elections and how to do them. Do you limit the elements of elections that we are allowed to talk about? Why, is there some 'banning' going on here?
    I have asked Suzianne and the ever-present Sonhouse about not requiring ID. Neither of them, or anyone , will tell us why ID is not required.
    So it is OK for you to write about OR and their ballots, but the question is are voter IDs not required in Oregon. Or are they? and what do you think if there are no IDs?
    Sonhjouse is worse than Suzianne, why do they not answer?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 20:36
    @mike69 said
    Omg are you really this stupid?
    No, but I appreciate your confession.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 20:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    No No No, Suzianne changed it to Elections and how to do them. Do you limit the elements of elections that we are allowed to talk about? Why, is there some 'banning' going on here?
    I have asked Suzianne and the ever-present Sonhouse about not requiring ID. Neither of them, or anyone , will tell us why ID is not required.
    So it is OK for you to write about ...[text shortened]... at do you think if there are no IDs?
    I know your reading comprehension is abysmal, so here's something to help you out.

https://www.amazon.com/Dick-Jane-Level-Readers-Childrens/dp/B017EDM8KU/
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 01:18
    @suzianne said
    I know your reading comprehension is abysmal, so here's something to help you out.

https://www.amazon.com/Dick-Jane-Level-Readers-Childrens/dp/B017EDM8KU/
    I didn't pay attention to this link, didn't even gloss it. I want YOU to tell us why NO ID is OK.
    Now, you are cued to write back...."Don't be telling me what you want!' or some such drivel.
    Why not answer the question. Why be obtuse!?
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 06:092 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    So it is OK for you to write about ...[text shortened]... at do you think if there are no IDs?
    Why isn’t a signature enough? That’s all that’s required on a personal check. I live in Switzerland, we have mail in ballots several times a year here. Signature is all that is required. Would you please explain in detail how you think fraud can occur? If my neighbor steals my ballot out of my mailbox and votes twice, the signatures won’t match, and one of them will be rejected. moreover, I will know that mine was missing. so how does fraud creep in? Please explain in detail how you think fraud is going to work.

I don't understand why you think a special ID is required just for voting. When people apply for a bank account or a marriage license, people present some ID or other. It can be the same one, whatever it is, for voting. The state maintians a voter register and the ID, whatever it is, is compared with the register; if they match, the vote is allowed, if not not. Where's the beef??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree