Trump's middle class

Trump's middle class

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
22 Dec 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kmax87
[b]Lie #7: It’s a big tax cut for the middle class

See Lie #6 above. All the big provisions benefit the rich, not the middle class. What’s left is mostly small change – and some of it, like ending deductibility of state and local taxes and other deductions, actually raises taxes on a substantial number of middle-class Americans.

In total, by ...[text shortened]... a few, and/or Trump will invent some new ones. But I hope this ends up being a useful reference.[/b]
There are no tax cuts for the Middle Class?

From what I hear, there are. What I object to is that some of these provisions will begin to phase out in 10 years or so.

As for the rest, how would not taxing the top 1% or taxing them 100% change anything for the poor?

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @whodey

From what I hear, there are. What I object to is that some of these provisions will begin to phase out in 10 years or so.

As for the rest, how would not taxing the top 1% or taxing them 100% change anything for the poor?
"As for the rest, how would not taxing the top 1% or taxing them 100% change anything for the poor?"

Exactly...these blind followers cant seem to see the poor remain poor under dem control too.
Playing a shell game with them and they fall for it every time.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @whodey

You can overcomplicate things by saying the federal budget is nothing like your family budget, but if you constantly spend more than your income, then you go further and further into debt. Now if by introducing a whole bunch of tax cuts you increase the budget deficit by 1.5 Trillion dollars, then you would think that pretty soon Congress will cutting all sorts of programs that give more people a seat at the table. And its that simple. Take away the responsibility from those who are doing very well out of the system, to contribute by giving proportionally more back into the system, and over time, the system will grind to a halt and be a liability to even those who now currently benefit.

The same economics that Paul Ryan and Co would have you believe is best for the country, was the same recipe for disaster that America embraced during the 1920's, which ended up being the biggest bust the world economy has ever experienced when everything hit the fan in 1929.

Maybe it has to happen again before people are absolutely convinced never to trust the snake oil mantra of low taxing, smaller government trickle down voodoo economics. Ask the people of Kansas what they think of trickle down economics!

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
You are a fool.
A suddenly silent fool, at least on this thread.

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
You are a fool.
you are limited to flinging insults...how can anyone take you seriously?

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @kmax87
Mexico will pay for the wall.

Repeal and replace will give everyone better health care than they have under the Affordable Health Care Act.

The middle classes will be better off under his Tax Plan.

There's three lies without even thinking. You been asleep or just tuned into Fox and conservative radio all day?
you have mentioned three things that haven't had time to be realized. Intellectually dishonest.

Moves
22 Dec 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
you have mentioned three things that haven't had time to be realized. Intellectually dishonest.
We await your equally detailed dismissal of Krugman.

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @js357
We await your equally detailed dismissal of Krugman.
Your man is safe...I do not reply to C&Ps of biased blogs.

Moves
22 Dec 17

Your man is safe...I do not reply to C&Ps of biased blogs.
That must make for many a quiet day in Hoopleville.

Moves
22 Dec 17

The tax plan and the middle class...results in time for Christmas...UNLESS of course you are a 47%er.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2017/12/20/att-gives-1000-bonuses-us-employees-tax-reform/#64f0313b7d61

K

Germany

Moves
22 Dec 17

The tax plan and the middle class...results in time for Christmas...UNLESS of course you are a 47%er.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2017/12/20/att-gives-1000-bonuses-us-employees-tax-reform/#64f0313b7d61
You are part of the 47%.

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
You are part of the 47%.
Ah...you know my finances? LOL idiot!

K

Germany

Moves
22 Dec 17

Ah...you know my finances? LOL idiot!
You said you were retired, which most likely means you don't pay federal income taxes.

Moves
22 Dec 17

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
You said you were retired, which most likely means you don't pay federal income taxes.
I don't know where you get your info but I wish you were right. My wife and I have four sources of income. I will have to pay income taxes this year. Not sure how the new tax code is going to affect me yet, but from what I have researched it looks to help me quite a bit.

Moves
22 Dec 17

I don't know where you get your info but I wish you were right. My wife and I have four sources of income. I will have to pay income taxes this year. Not sure how the new tax code is going to affect me yet, but from what I have researched it looks to help me quite a bit.
Wait for the corresponding GOP cuts in senior-oriented entitlement programs and/or the economic effects of federal borrowing, induced by the tax bill, before you decide that you have benefitted financially.