1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 12:54
    Tensions increase because of this. Good thing or bad thing?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/18/u-s-flies-b-52-bombers-over-south-korea/
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 18:06
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

I don't see why it is provocative, unless the North Koreans don't know we can target them with MRIVs from Iowa. The B52s were obsolete during Viet Nam.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 18:44

I'd say bad thing. This situation is delicate enough. This is not helping
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 19:39
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'd say bad thing. This situation is delicate enough. This is not helping
    Maybe we can get Rodman to tweet him that we mean no harm.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 19:57
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Maybe we can get Rodman to tweet him that we mean no harm.
    Maybe somebody can write that on the 20-megaton warhead that takes out Pyongyang. Or even better: "This is for your own good".
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 20:00
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Maybe somebody can write that on the 20-megaton warhead that takes out Pyongyang. Or even better: "This is for your own good".
    Aaawww, Sasquatch.

Have you no love in your heart for the dear leader?
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 14:16

This is very bad. They should be flying over North Korea and unloading ww2 surplus ordinance over military sites.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 14:58
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    This is very bad. They should be flying over North Korea and unloading ww2 surplus ordinance over military sites.
    You have been listening to Alex Jones too much. Alex always omits the fact that the USA/South Korea joint military drills are being done as close to North Korea as possible when it could be done considerably further south.

I listen to Alex Jones too, but I think he is an idiot sometimes. There is nothing wrong with listening to him, but don't believe everything he says. He claims he doesn't screen calls when he opens his phone lines but it is a lie. He will not allow anybody to get through that disagrees with him. Anybody that does is either screened to make sure he is an idiot or a planted hoax caller.

Alex might be deliberately spreading disinformation along with factual stuff. I don't trust him or his guest hosts.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 19:07
    You have been listening to Alex Jones too much. Alex always omits the fact that the USA/South Korea joint military drills are being done as close to North Korea as possible when it could be done considerably further south.

I listen to Alex Jones too, but I think he is an idiot sometimes. There is nothing wrong with listening to him, but don't believe ...[text shortened]... tely spreading disinformation along with factual stuff. I don't trust him or his guest hosts.
    The whole Korean peninsular isn't that large when it comes to drills with strategic aircraft. I'd hesitate to label Alex Jones an idiot. I don't necessarily swallow all of his conclusions by sprinkling them with sugar.

It took me about four years to partially buy the "Loose Change" scenarios. Sometimes we just don't want to believe our government can be that corrupt. We hope it isn't, but then they disappoint us again and again.

You said you're up north in Michigan. Are you near Greyling? Have you chanced to observe what is going on there? I've never looked close at that, but did go observe a similar site in Indiana with some friends. We were armed only with optics and cameras, but the response to our observations was swift and strong. The US military did not want US citizens observing that camp, which was just as Alex Jones describes, empty barracks, inward facing barbed wire, and railroad sidetrack entrances with lot of boxcars, with bench seats. This was 15 or so years ago, and Jones asserts that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of such sites, operating now under FEMA.

Take a look. All it cost me was a roll of 35mm film which was confiscated. If your camera is digital, they'll just take the memory card. If you're lucky and the camera also has native memory, you might get away with pics to send to Alex. If you aren't lucky, and Alex is right, you just might end up in one of those out of country places being water boarded.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 20:101 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 21:40
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The whole Korean peninsular isn't that large when it comes to drills with strategic aircraft. I'd hesitate to label Alex Jones an idiot. I don't necessarily swallow all of his conclusions by sprinkling them with sugar.

It took me about four years to partially buy the "Loose Change" scenarios. Sometimes we just don't want to believe our government ca ...[text shortened]... ht, you just might end up in one of those out of country places being water boarded.
    It is not that hard to do drills at the southern part of the peninsula.

I have seen Terrorstorm. It is a good movie and I've recommended it to friends. I agree with some of his stuff, but he goes off the deep end sometimes. I hardly believe there is a plan to kill off 80% of the population as he claims. Why would they kill most of their economic slaves? Makes little sense to me.

I live not too far from Gaylord. Grayling is not that far. I've driven through there. I assume you are talking about Camp Grayling. I hear bombs going off there sometimes from where I live. Of course they don't want people going in there. They are dropping bombs and don't want people to get hurt. They don't want people knowing how their military exercises are conducted either. That is a matter of national security. That should not surprise you.
  12. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 21:44
    1980 I was a B-52 EWO and we commonly deployed to Guam, then flew to Korea and did training missions over the North/South DMZ.
    The North Koreans tried to sucker us over the border by taking over radio transmissions and act like control and give us instructions that would take us into N Korea territory so they could shoot us down.
    Don't get me started on North Korea.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 21:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    South Korea is a puppet of the USA. They do what my government tells their government to do.

If South Korea cared about avoiding a confrontation with DPRK they would do drills on the southern part of the peninsula. Instead there is a policy of pissing off the DPRK for no good reason.

The USA and South Korea like it when the DPRK makes threats. It makes people in my country think they should be bombed. The simplicity of doing drills to the south is never mentioned in our corporate news media. It is propaganda by omission. Most Americans are ignorant, so our government continues to poke DPRK in the eye with a stick.

The DPRK does not make threats for no reason at all. There is always a reason.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 21:591 edit
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    1980 I was a B-52 EWO and we commonly deployed to Guam, then flew to Korea and did training missions over the North/South DMZ.
    The North Koreans tried to sucker us over the border by taking over radio transmissions and act like control and give us instructions that would take us into N Korea territory so they could shoot us down.
    Don't get me started on North Korea.
    They probably wanted a B-52 so they could reverse engineer it like the USSR did with the B-29. That saves a lot of money and time on R&D. I'm sure they would have preferred you land it in one piece.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-29_Superfortress
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 23:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree