22 Mar '13 21:402 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 23:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You are a sore loser. The Tu-4 doesn't even have to be an exact replica to the last detail for me to be right. I pointed out that slight modifications were made later. It is not my fault you have poor reading comprehension.

Stalin had every part of the B-29 replicated to the last detail. If the later modifications ended up being the Tu-4 I am still right, not that you have ever proven that. When did I ever say the first plane built by the USSR based on the B-29 was the Tu-4? The answer is never.

You have a serious problem with anybody that proves you wrong. Your knee jerk reaction is always to distort the facts to try to deceive others into thinking other people said things different than what they did.

Your argument is based on something so trivial it is pathetic of you. I clearly bruised your ego and you can't accept I was right all along.

Why don't you back up your claim with a link. That is what reasonable people do here on the debate forum. Nobody is going to rush out to a library to look for a book that you claim to have read. I found a link online. Do the same if you want anybody to take your claims seriously.

Another thing. Stop digressing into claims without merit like the one where you implied North Korea tried to reverse engineer a common soviet MIG fighter jet when they could buy all they wanted from the soviets and China. Your subsequent claim that you were merely saying they were incapable of it is an obvious lie. Anybody can look back and see that for themselves. You are not fooling anybody. All you are doing is embarrassing yourself because you can't bring yourself into admitting you were wrong.

You are an enormous embarrassment to yourself. All you have done is bring more attention to your deceitful tactics. Have you no shame????
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 00:19

4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 02:151 edit
    This is what you wrote:

" As far as I know, the DPRK never
    has succeeded in reverse-engineering the MiG-21 (which has been built under
    license in at least several other countries)."

You wrote that the DPRK "never has succeeded". That implies an attempt.
    It is absurd to think they would even attempt it since they can buy them. Later you claimed you didn't say they tried to. You were obviously careless in using the words you did. Then you had the nerve to claim it was my reading comprehension at fault when it is clearly you that was at fault for using the words "never has succeeded".

You are clearly not being honest.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 17:19
    You are constantly adding to the list of writers you disdain. You claim encyclopedic knowledge of Eastern Europe and Russia, of all of the Orient, of Africa, and of the United States. You are an expert on nearly everything, and tried to pretend knowledge of firearms until I exposed you.

In addition, you have anecdotes of personal relationships with people from virtually everywhere and knowledge of everything, and rarely miss an opportunity to brag about your superiority.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 19:412 edits

7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 20:20
    The tu-4 was copied by converting the B-29 measurements to the metric system. The result was that parts were made at slight measurement differences, probably mere micrometers.

The bottom line is that any differences are so insignificant that they are hardly worth mentioning. If you want me to admit these slight differences exist then I will. You are right, they are not exact copies.

Does anybody on this forum care or fault me for admitting these slight differences? I highly doubt it. You are just splitting hairs because you are able to, not because anybody will give you credit for it.

I realize that I have proven you wrong in so many other debates that I bruised your ego and that is why you can't let this insignificant issue go. I take this as a compliment that you have to resort to such pettiness to score a win even though the significance is hardly worth gloating about.

Thanks for the compliment. I'll be laughing all day because of your vindictive pettiness.
    😀
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 21:072 edits

9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 00:50
    Simply insignificant.

Duchess thinks insignificant nitpicking is relevant. He thinks we care.

🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree