1. Joined
    12 Jun '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 00:09

I wonder which is better fiscal planning (ignoring minor moral concerns) :

1. Executing all prisoners who have been convicted of murder, paedophilia and rape.

2. Executing pensioners.

3. Executing all scroats (those who choose to live off the state for life rather than contributing).

Anyone know?
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 07:14
    Originally posted by PRW

1. Executing all prisoners who have been convicted of murder, paedophilia and rape.

2. Executing pensioners.

3. Executing all scroats (those who choose to live off the state for life rather than contributing).

Anyone know?
    Perhaps a bit of moderation might suit you better...😉
  3. Germany
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 09:46
    Probably 1. 2 and 3 would cause very serious public unrest, which would have an impact on productivity and public finances. It's not certain that option 1 would save any money, however, though it would certainly cost least of all available options.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 14:32
    Originally posted by PRW

2. Executing pensioners.

Anyone know?
    Prisoners and non-workers can turn into workers with the right incentive structure. Retired people are unlikely to be able to contribute much even if they were financially forced to work.

In addition, if you executed the pensioneers, the current workers may pay heed and save up their own money so they don't need pensions.

Hmmm.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 17:45
    Originally posted by PRW

2. Executing pensioners.

Anyone know?
    It seems no1 is the most morally desirable option, but perhaps no3 should also be given greater consideration. Perhaps there could also be an option 4, which would be to implement a systematic eugenics program designed to determine which individuals are worthy of reproducing, in the long term many costs would be avoided with healthcare, education ,etc.
  6. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 17:544 edits
    I think you can rule out 2. Pensioners often find other ways to contribute, and take the load off. Taking care of grandkids, taking unpaid community positions. and so on. They also have a way of unloading their buildup of cash onto society -- not a bad thing. Kill them all and it'll be passed down and hoarded.

1 and 3 seem far more promising.

The UK is lucky it has the option to consider such things. Here in the PC police state, you'd be tarred and feathered for suggesting such a thing. Groups 1 and 3 are dominated by minorities. Oops, did I say that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree