1. Joined
    30 Jan '09
    Moves
    16 May '10 12:00
    Newspaper headline today:-
    University of York offers degree course on The Wire.
    What next, a course on pulling your wire?
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 May '10 12:27
    Originally posted by Leon Alvarado
    Newspaper headline today:-
    University of York offers degree course on The Wire.
    What next, a course on pulling your wire?
    Do you mean the TV series set in Baltimore? If so, sign me up for the course.

Greatest... Show... Ever!
  3. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    16 May '10 12:35
    Originally posted by sh76

As long as you pay for it yourself, please help yourself. Do you want to enrol for the related course as well?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 May '10 13:47
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    As long as you pay for it yourself, please help yourself. Do you want to enrol for the related course as well?
    Pay for my own education? What are you? Some sort of conservative?

Bad! Bad!
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 May '10 15:19
    Originally posted by sh76

Definitely!

All television from now on is judged against the Wire and none have hit that bar yet.

I actually think there are a lot of themes in that show that can be studied and related to real life. If done right, it actually could be a useful class.

Of course, if not done right then it's an excuse to watch the wire and who really needs an excuse for that?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 May '10 19:301 edit
    http://newsarse.com/2010/03/18/university-cuts-threaten-degrees-in-david-beckham-studies/

OH NOES... what's next, stopping government benefits and tax credits for couples who earn at least £50k a year? mAdness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree