1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:08
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Oh please, don't tell me because the UN was involved, that you give more credit to the UN than to NATO which supplied the majority of arms and was quicker moving.

Bush Senior was wise enough to gather a coalition to stop a war of agression. He could have done it with NATO forces, but he also wisely made it a worldwide cooperation in official name... ...[text shortened]... t primarily and principally NATO millitary forces involved and quit wasting time with nonsense.
    So you are saying that the 1991 Gulf War was a NATO operation?
  2. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you are saying that the 1991 Gulf War was a NATO operation?
    Here we go again...
    show me what your point is.

Mine correctly inferred that there were primarily and principally NATO millitary forces involved ... if you have no point to counter with, quit wasting time with nonsense.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:13
    There should definitely be a peace block in Latin America that can move faster than the United Nations to stop wars of agression, like NATO kicking Sadam Hussein out of Iraq.
    You attempt to draw a clumsy analogy between Latin America and military events in the Middle East and all you succeed in doing is revealling your patchy grasp of what NATO is, how it operates, who invaded whom, for what exact purpose, and seemingly a certain degree of confusion about geography - Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan. If you can't get the details of your analogy right, why should we take anything you say about Latin America seriously?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:15
    Here we go again...
    show me what your point is.

Mine correctly inferred that there were primarily and principally NATO millitary forces involved ... if you have no point to counter with, quit wasting time with nonsense.
    Your analysis on how "NATO [kicked] Sadam Hussein out of Iraq" is surely timewasting nonsense?

And besides, are you proposing that some Latin American NATO equivalent should kick Chavez out of Venuzuela?
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    You attempt to draw a clumsy analogy between Latin America and military events in the Middle East and all you succeed in doing is revealling your patchy grasp of what NATO is, how it operates, who invaded whom, for what exact purpose, and seemingly a certain degree of confusion about geography - Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan. If you can't get the details of your analogy right, why should we take anything you say about Latin America seriously?
    LOL, yeah right. You always repeat those same tired lines to everyone in here no matter what the topic is.

You say: you said (eword opponent argument and twist it around here) which shows that (throw in a critical adjective like clumsy) which is (use another recycles phrase like failed attempt) ...
  6. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your analysis on how "NATO [kicked] Sadam Hussein out of Iraq" is surely timewasting nonsense?

And besides, are you proposing that some Latin American NATO equivalent should kick Chavez out of Venuzuela?
    Actually, I envision a peacekeeping force that makes Chavez think twice before continuing with additional saber rattling against Columbia (which he's made such a habit of doing).

Are you against keeping a peace and preventing wars of agression in Latin America today? I can rarely tell how consistent you will be depending on your mood.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:44
    LOL, yeah right. You always repeat those same tired lines to everyone in here no matter what the topic is.

You say: you said (eword opponent argument and twist it around here) which shows that (throw in a critical adjective like clumsy) which is (use another recycles phrase like failed attempt) ...
    You seem to have a restricted understanding of what NATO is.
  8. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seem to have a restricted understanding of what NATO is.
    Stop saying "seem" and start supporting your position with facts and arguments and logic... for once.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:491 edit
    OK. Let me try your template:

You say: you said (eword opponent argument and twist it around here: There should definitely be a peace block in Latin America that can move faster than the United Nations to stop wars of agression, like NATO kicking Sadam Hussein out of Iraq.) which shows that (throw in a critical adjective like clumsy) which is (use another recycles phrase like failed attempt: is a clumsy attempted analogy between Latin America and military events in the Middle East) [/b]) which shows that (throw in a critical adjective like clumsy: you may not have a clear understanding of what NATO is and what operations it has mounted) which is (use another recycles phrase like failed attempt: in addition to your confusion about geography - Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan - and a failed attempt to show how allegedly "invading Iraq" has any parallel to Latin America)

It works.

What is your response to the points I have made?

confusion about geography - Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:52
    Stop saying "seem" and start supporting your position with facts and arguments and logic... for once.
    My 'position' is that your reference to NATO is flawed, misinformed, irrelevant. As I have demonstrated above.
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 04:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK. Let me try your template:

You say: you said (eword opponent argument and twist it around here: [b]There should definitely be a peace block in Latin America that can move faster than the United Nations to stop wars of agression, like NATO kicking Sadam Hussein out of Iraq.
    ) which shows that (throw in a critical adjective like clumsy) which is (use an ...[text shortened]... r response to the points I have made?

confusion about geography - Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan[/b]
    Thanks for demonstrating my point, which is that the template is idiot proof... even FMF can almost use it! I say almost because if you make it idiot proof, the world will make a better idiot. Speaking of FMF...

here is one of may google image results for a map of the middle east:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/files/2008/08/wa_img_lebanon_map.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/episodes/future-for-lebanon/map-middle-east-governments/introduction/2390/&usg=__3wNJvxQnyo00LQ6o8bpwcH1okos=&h=371&w=525&sz=28&hl=en&start=14&sig2=zv1sTZ-CX9awGfnWQYXsTw&tbnid=x7K_vD7bHd9aCM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=132&prev=/images%3Fq%3Diraq%2Beast%2Bmap%2Bafghanistan%26hl%3Den&ei=xLKUSvChEIuwNvHQiPsH

Now that we've resolved your sad attempt to raise a false attack to distract from the debate, and we can all be quite sure of where Iraq and Afghanistan are on the map... can we move on to the actual debate?
  12. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 04:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    My 'position' is that your reference to NATO is flawed, misinformed, irrelevant. As I have demonstrated above.
    You did not support your statement, what are you saying about NATO that contradicts what I said?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 04:08
    You did not support your statement, what are you saying about NATO that contradicts what I said?
    I am saying NATO did not invade Iraq in 1991 and did not "kick Saddam out". Nor did NATO invade Iraq in 2003. You are perhaps getting Iraq confused with Afghanistan. So what I am saying is that your reference to NATO to try to explain something or other about what you believe about Latin America has fallen flat on its face because it is riddled with inaccuracies and misconceptions. That's all.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 04:25
    Actually, I envision a peacekeeping force that makes Chavez think twice before continuing with additional saber rattling against Columbia (which he's made such a habit of doing).
    Are you claiming that the existence of NATO deterred Saddam Hussein? You are not usually as tangled up in knots as this when you contribute to debates.
  15. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 04:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am saying NATO did not invade Iraq in 1991 and did not "kick Saddam out". Nor did NATO invade Iraq in 2003. You are perhaps getting Iraq confused with Afghanistan. So what I am saying is that your reference to NATO to try to explain something or other about what you believe about Latin America has fallen flat on its face because it is riddled with inaccuracies and misconceptions. That's all.
    Oh brother, please spare us with the misquotes and distortions followed by more name-calling and critical adjectives... we've seen this movie before, and it ends with FMF going on and on for post after post.

Your criticism was wrong.

I did not say that NATO invaded Iraq in 2003, and you are not stupid enough to think that I said that after going back and reading all my posts.

NATO countries did the heavy fighting against Iraq in 1991 to kick Sadam's forces out of Kuwait and you deny it.

I don't know what to tell you but go read a book.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree