1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Well, let’s try lots of different versions of capitalism... see how it pans out?

Oh yeah. We did.
    And this is how it pans out.
    Yes, it "pans out" in the logarithmic expansion of economy, technology, medicine, life expectancy, standard of living and essentially ever other metric imaginable to an extent that could only have been dreamed about at any time in the history of civilization.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 22:55
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Yes, it "pans out" in the logarithmic expansion of economy, technology, medicine, life expectancy, standard of living and essentially ever other metric imaginable to an extent that could only have been dreamed about at any time in the history of civilization.
    Not really though, eh.

I dare you to give 3 examples, and ar least 2 of them will be proven to have nothing to do with capitalist doctrine.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @sh76
    For example:

Metric: France (Napoleonic period).

Medicine: anti-biotics (greatest ever medical achievement: Scotland; post ww2).

Life expectancy: me’s pretty sure that Cuba in the 90’s had a lower birth death rate than capitalist US.

Standard of living: in Europe we’re more productive, work less hours and have more vacation than the US... so more capitalism did not benefit the majority.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 23:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '18 00:01
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    For example:

Metric: France (Napoleonic period).

Medicine: anti-biotics (greatest ever medical achievement: Scotland; post ww2).

Life expectancy: me’s pretty sure that Cuba in the 90’s had a lower birth death rate than capitalist US.

Standard of living: in Europe we’re more productive, work less hours and have more vacation than the US... so more capitalism did not benefit the majority.
    Are you of the opinion that capitalism is not an essential element of the European economy(ies)?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '18 00:081 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The number of technological advances that has come from public/private cooperative work is mind boggling and challenges those who argue that either economic model has ever been put to the test in pure form and proved itself superior.

There is just too much intermingling of public and private interests involved, to allow a scientific treatment of the real world as if it were a properly designed randomized triple blind experiment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree