US election debate

US election debate

Debates

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by kmax87
If Condie runs and it becomes possibly a contest between her and Hillary. Assuming America goes color neutral for a moment, which aspect of candidacy would matter most.

Age or party affiliation? And for 50 bonus points, how would color influence the result and why?
The idea that the Republican party as presently constituted would nominate a black woman for President is laughable. But engaging in your fantasy for a moment, I think being part of the Bush foreign policy team responsible for the debacle in Iraq would be a killer for her in a general election.

M
Steamin transies

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
The idea that the Republican party as presently constituted would nominate a black woman for President is laughable. But engaging in your fantasy for a moment, I think being part of the Bush foreign policy team responsible for the debacle in Iraq would be a killer for her in a general election.
I would agree that the Republican party has no qualified black women at this time.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
10 Apr 07

Well who is the black woman in the democratic party. Correction, name a black woman in the democratic party... Condi is qualified but she's not even running. The dems will nominate Bill Clinton Jr, aka Hillary which will again keep them from winning.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
Well who is the black woman in the democratic party. Correction, name a black woman in the democratic party... Condi is qualified but she's not even running. The dems will nominate Bill Clinton Jr, aka Hillary which will again keep them from winning.
There's so much stupid in this post, it's hard to start.

Black woman vote about 90% for the Democratic party. There are good reasons why. And Black woman are well represented in the Dem leadership - right wingers are always complaining about one or the other.

By any criteria of previous Presidents, Condi is grossly unqualified. She's an academic who has never ran for political office. Name one of those who's been elected President.

Nominating Bill Clinton kept the Dems from winning? Better check the election results in 1992 and 1996.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
10 Apr 07

Black woman vote about 90% for the Democratic party. There are good reasons why. And Black woman are well represented in the Dem leadership - right wingers are always complaining about one or the other.

By any criteria of previous Presidents, Condi is grossly unqualified ...[text shortened]... Bill Clinton kept the Dems from winning? Better check the election results in 1992 and 1996.
nom Hillary would keep the dems from winning, can you read? I'm not making an argument for condi running, and I don't think she should, or would. But what makes you think Hillary is any more qualified?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Apr 07
1 edit

nom Hillary would keep the dems from winning, can you read? I'm not making an argument for condi running, and I don't think she should, or would. But what makes you think Hillary is any more qualified?
Well, she has been a Senator (as quite a few previous Presidents have). Whether being First Lady rates as a "qualification" is arguable. At any rate, she's more "qualified" than Condi by the traditional standards of previous experience. I personally don't think that this type of qualification is the most relevant one. If you'll note, I didn't say Condi couldn't win because she was "un-qualified", I said she couldn't win because of her experience as part of a group now identified with a war that has become a disaster.

I can read. Can you?

NL: The dems will nominate Bill Clinton Jr, aka Hillary which will again keep them from winning.

Don't know how nominating Bill Clinton kept them from winning and since you're claiming nominating Hillary is the same thing, your argument is idiotic.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
10 Apr 07
1 edit

Well, she has been a Senator (as quite a few previous Presidents have). Whether being First Lady rates as a "qualification" is arguable. At any rate, she's more "qualified" than Condi by the traditional standards of previous experience. I personally don't think that this type of qualification is the most relevant one. If you'll note, I didn't say Condi c ce you're claiming nominating Hillary is the same thing, your argument is idiotic.
'Again' refers to the fact that the republicans have been in office for 7 years, thus the dems have been losing--a fact that will happen AGAIN if Hillary is nominated. You are struggling today aren't you?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Apr 07
1 edit

'Again' refers to the fact that the republicans have been in office for 7 years, thus the dems have been losing--a fact that will happen AGAIN if Hillary is nominated. You are struggling today aren't you?
You seem to struggle every day. If that's what you wanted to say, you should have omitted the reference to Bill Clinton.

EDIT: The Dems didn't lose in 2000 as you well know.

Republicant Retiree

Blade Runner

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by kmax87
Americans would overwhelmingly vote either a black man or a woman into the office of presidency.
Considering that the preoccupation of the life imitation industry has been in recent times to place Jimmy Smits and Geena Davis into the White House have we indeed seen a seeding of the plough in the run up to 2008. Hawkeye didnt make it he just seemed too old.

Is life being prepared to follow art?

silicon valley

Moves
13 Apr 07

Vietnam war, US dead: 58,209
Iraq war, US dead: 3,292

iNOT A MORO!

tinyurl.com/3zbt6n3h

Moves
13 Apr 07
1 edit

Donna Brazil, Barbara Sykes, Viola Thomas-Hughes, Rep. Bonnie Thompson...

j

CA, USA

Moves
13 Apr 07

Have to agree with you moron. Condie has no chance at all IMO.
No experence. Black. Woman. Bushie. Republican. Looks like a vampire. Probably the smartest one in the whole lot.

Hill(Billy) can't lose the Dem nomination unless she really screws up. She's got the money. She's got the machine. She's got Bill. So far she's been smart enough to not say anything about anything, much like her time in the Senate.
She'll run on Billys back .. and get caught with HIS pants down.

dsR

Big D

Moves
13 Apr 07
1 edit

By any criteria of previous Presidents, Condi is grossly unqualified Bill Clinton kept the Dems from winning? Better check the election results in 1992 and 1996.
Before carpetbagger-in-reverse Hillary bought her New York Senate seat she had never run for a federal office. Also, as Secretary of State, Condi has far more international experience than Madame Hillary does at this time. Based on that tidbit and her character, hands down, she would make a better president than Madame Hillary. More importantly, she doesn't have to answer the following embarrassing question: What do I do with my low-life husband now that I'm in office?

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
13 Apr 07

Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
Before carpetbagger-in-reverse Hillary bought her New York Senate seat she had never run for a federal office. Also, as Secretary of State, Condi has far more international experience than Madame Hillary does at this time. Based on that tidbit and her character, hands down, she would make a better president than Madame Hillary. More importantly, ...[text shortened]... following embarrassing question: What do I do with my low-life husband now that I'm in office?
But you're missing a golden opportunity Ritter - Hillary and the dems would be back in control if she wins the presidency. That means you right wingers would get to do the only thing you do well - attack the Clintons!

The republicans have proven they can't govern, they can't win the war, they can't cut spending, they can't clean up after a hurricane, and they sure can't bring ethics to congress! So what's left? Well just let somebody else run the place and then you can find fault all day long. And much to your enjoyment.

M
Steamin transies

Moves
13 Apr 07

Originally posted by wib
But you're missing a golden opportunity Ritter - Hillary and the dems would be back in control if she wins the presidency. That means you right wingers would get to do the only thing you do well - attack the Clintons!

The republicans have proven they can't govern, they can't win the war, they can't cut spending, they can't clean up after a hurricane, and t ...[text shortened]... else run the place and then you can find fault all day long. And much to your enjoyment.
You can replace Republican with Democrat and your statement still holds true.

That sho iz sum gubmint we gots.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.