1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:09
    How many of these healthcare opponents in Congress and the Senate have declined the free healthcare which all in Congress and Senate are given ?
    It is free for them but fully paid by the US taxpayer.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:14
    Don't all public employees effectively have their health insurance paid for by the taxpayer?
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    How many of these healthcare opponents in Congress and the Senate have declined the free healthcare which all in Congress and Senate are given ?
    🙄

Healthcare comes as a benefit of their job. That's like asking how many people who are employed have declined their salary and then calling them hypocrites for not advocating that the unemployed be paid full salaries by the government.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:332 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    🙄

Healthcare comes as a benefit of their job. That's like asking how many people who are employed have declined their salary and then calling them hypocrites for not advocating that the unemployed be paid full salaries by the government.
    A couple of the new tea partiers in Congress are doing without the govt health care.

Bobby Schilling is one:
    YouTube&feature=player_embedded

Joe Walsh is another:
    YouTube&feature=player_embedded#at=33

I think there are others ...
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 00:27
    Don't waste your breath. Most Americans have gotten so used to this hypocrisy, they don't even see it anymore.

It's not much different than lawmakers balancing state budgets on the backs of teachers, but not being willing to give back a penny of there 6 figure salaries.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 01:34
    🙄

Faulty
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:49
    This thread is absurd. That you don't think a benefit is a good idea doesn't mean you shouldn't take it if given to you.

I think the home mortgage interest income tax deduction is a bad idea.

Am I going to take the deduction when I prep my income taxes? You bet your sweet a-- I will. Why would you not take something that's legally given to you?

If I didn't, I'd be guilty of neglect of the interest of my family for no good reason.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 14:22
    Er....um.....they don't pay for much of everything. Heck, they don't even pay their taxes.

A better question is, why are they not subjected to the nation's health care plan? They have a much better plan of their own.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 15:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    Er....um.....they don't pay for much of everything. Heck, they don't even pay their taxes.

A better question is, why are they not subjected to the nation's health care plan? They have a much better plan of their own.
    What "nation's healthcare plan"?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 15:54
    What "nation's healthcare plan"?
    Obamacare.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 17:15
    Do away with healthcare as a fringe benefit. Outlaw all healthcare other than catastrophic health insurance. Make everyone pay for their own health insurance and make doctors provide service at competative pricing. This will do away with many of the problems that plague the US.

It will put everyone on an even playing field and do away with a lot of the smoke and mirror stuff.
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 17:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do away with healthcare as a fringe benefit. Outlaw all healthcare other than catastrophic health insurance. Make everyone pay for their own health insurance and make doctors provide service at competative pricing. This will do away with many of the problems that plague the US.

It will put everyone on an even playing field and do away with a lot of the smoke and mirror stuff.
    Outlaw all healthcare other than catastrophic health insurance?

Are you suggesting that insurance covering things like preventative care should be outlawed?
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 17:27
    There is no hypocrisy. Are you arguing that if a government official gets something that every person in the United States should get it too? It seems ridiculous because all jobs have different benefit packages, different compensation requirements and different requirements.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obamacare.
    Obamacare is not a plan but a piece of legislation that applies to everyone.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 22:36
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Outlaw all healthcare other than catastrophic health insurance?

Are you suggesting that insurance covering things like preventative care should be outlawed?
    Yes I am. Insurance is supposed to cover bad things that might happen. If you are covering something that is going to happen, then it really isn't insurance at all. It is a pre-pay program.

Preventative care should be paid for out of pocket. By having lower premiums, you'll have money to pay for the preventative care out of pocket. When you get the bill, you'll see exactly how much it is costing you. If you can find a doctor who is willing to do the job for less, then you can go to that doctor. This puts a downward pressure on pricing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree