US Healthcare Hypocrisy

US Healthcare Hypocrisy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
13 Mar 11

Originally posted by caissad4
How many of these healthcare opponents in Congress and the Senate have declined the free healthcare which all in Congress and Senate are given ?
It is free for them but fully paid by the US taxpayer.
Shhhhhhhhhhh. This is America. We're not supposed to talk about that!😉

E

Moves
13 Mar 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I'm talking, of course, about the budget per person. Why would I be advocating nationalized health care if I knew it was more expensive? I'm advocating it because it is cheaper and more efficient, not because of a moral imperative (although that could be an additional reason).
From what I was reading, the numbers are a bit fudged. They do not include all of the people in the US, only those officially covered. I think that is smoke and mirrors since anyone who goes into a US hospital and needs medical attention will get it. The hospitals make up the difference on those who are officially covered.

But as I said originally, what I'm saying is not based on managing a society. It is not based on trying to cover everyone by way of a nanny state. It is a way of dealing with the problem by way of the open market. Health insurance has gotten in the way of the free market. It has created a monopoly type structure where insurance companies are allowed to milk the general population creating wealth for themselves and those in the medical community. A free market does not work when monoplies get in the way.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Mar 11

Originally posted by Eladar
From what I was reading, the numbers are a bit fudged. They do not include all of the people in the US, only those officially covered. I think that is smoke and mirrors since anyone who goes into a US hospital and needs medical attention will get it. The hospitals make up the difference on those who are officially covered.

But as I said originally, what ...[text shortened]... and those in the medical community. A free market does not work when monoplies get in the way.
Eladar: anyone who goes into a US hospital and needs medical attention will get it.

Right wingers keep saying this, but it isn't true. Hospitals are required to treat emergencies, but not anything else. People can be, and are, denied medical treatment at hospitals in the US.

E

Moves
16 Mar 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Eladar: anyone who goes into a US hospital and needs medical attention will get it.

Right wingers keep saying this, but it isn't true. Hospitals are required to treat emergencies, but not anything else. People can be, and are, denied medical treatment at hospitals in the US.
Thanks for the clarification no1. So we agree that sometimes everyone will get treatment and sometimes everyone won't. It depends on what is wrong with the patient.

I believe I'm on the side of change. I simply believe that the market is the best way to deal with the issue. The problem at the moment is that the market is not at work in the medical field. Costs are being driven up by immoral insurance policies. By creating inflated pricing, insurance comapanies, lawyers and medical professionals are being allowed suck way too much money out of the pockets of the general population.