1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 06:28
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    What the hell is wrong with those people?
    Perhaps they are just Being All They Can Be.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 08:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't even know what that means.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 08:32
    I don't even know what that means.
    It used to be the recruiting slogan for the US Army.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 08:45
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It used to be the recruiting slogan for the US Army.
    Really? You'd have thought after My Lai, they'd have toned that one down a bit.
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 09:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's an Army recruiting slogan. These were "The Few. The Proud. The Marines."
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 10:50
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    US Marines pissing on dead Taliban.
    Now the talibans really are pissed!

The talibans have told the US that they should piss off ASAP, but this was not what they meant.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 12:43
    The action was clearly offensive and in 'bad taste'. But I do find it interesting how people seem to think that pissing on someone after they are dead is more offensive than killing them. Why, oh why, have we allowed war and the murder that goes with it to remain so respectable?
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 12:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Now the talibans really are pissed!

The talibans have told the US that they should piss off ASAP, but this was not what they meant.
    Just goes to show cultural differences. In Australia, we only piss on our friends. As our saying goes for someone we dislike intensely..."I wouldn't piss on you even if you were on fire" For me that's just another glaring example of how out of step with the rest of the world the US is becoming.
  9. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 13:22
    Originally posted by kmax87
    How long before your regime is totally on the nose and no one in the world would want to sit with you either, if not for the threat of trade sanctions and other nasty economic repercussions.

Pissing today, defecating tomorrow, when does dismemberment and/or necrophilia step in? At what point is it okay to dispense with the Geneva convention and still maintain the moral highground you seem to believe is your nations perpetual right?
    You seem to think I am advocating what they did. I'm not. Merely pointing out that their behavior was unprofessional and deserving of punishment. I don't think it should be as harsh as you seem to, but reasonable people can differ. I won't argue about the US and it's many missteps. Negotiating with the Taliban and thereby granting them legitimacy is another misstep, in my opinion.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 13:31
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Negotiating with the Taliban and thereby granting them legitimacy is another misstep, in my opinion.
    They shouldn't have been attacked in the first place.

However, as for the pissing and punishment. I agree, the punishment for pissing shouldn't be too harsh. The punishment for filming it should be dishonourable discharge. And the punishment for thinking it was a good idea to film it should be a beheading...

Bloody morons.
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 13:36
    They shouldn't have been attacked in the first place.

However, as for the pissing and punishment. I agree, the punishment for pissing shouldn't be too harsh. The punishment for filming it should be dishonourable discharge. And the punishment for thinking it was a good idea to film it should be a beheading...

Bloody morons.
    or if certain sewer rats had their way...bloody headless morons...wait maybe thats a redundant tautology...
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 13:41
    Originally posted by kmax87
    or if certain sewer rats had their way...bloody headless morons...wait maybe thats a redundant tautology...
    No sir.
    Not all headless morons are bloody and not all bloody morons are headless.

No tautology there. Move along.
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 13:481 edit
    No sir.
    Not all headless morons are bloody and not all bloody morons are headless.

No tautology there. Move along.
    well if they were headless, they should indeed move along, because there really would be nothing to see.
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 16:37
    In my opinion this sort of behavior isn't as deplorable as mutilation of the bodies of your enemy or mistreatment of prisoners of war, but it is still inappropriate.

I think people can respect the service of military personnel as long as they maintain some sort of honorable ethical standard. When their behavior purposfully falls below that standard, respect for them is no longer there and it shouldn't be.

It is shameful to be associated with them.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 17:23
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    In my opinion this sort of behavior isn't as deplorable as mutilation of the bodies of your enemy or mistreatment of prisoners of war, but it is still inappropriate.

I think people can respect the service of military personnel as long as they maintain some sort of honorable ethical standard. When their behavior purposfully falls below that standard, res ...[text shortened]... r them is no longer there and it shouldn't be.

It is shameful to be associated with them.
    Respect for the individuals who carried out those acts are no longer there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree