1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:14
    The problem is not the SSI system but the pilfering of this money by our politicians.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 00:30
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The problem is not the SSI system but the pilfering of this money by our politicians.
    Politicians...pilfer money from the system??? I'm shocked...Shocked I tell you! I've never heard of such a thing. 😲
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:16
    there is no money in the social security system.

all social security funds come out the general fund.

the general fund is insovlent ( that is why the treasury prints money and why the federal reserve has to monetize the debt since sovereign fund purchasers won't buy
    many t-bills anymore since the debt and deficit are so enormously out of whack.

social security has no money. they only have paper checks printed at the treasury which people use a fiat currency.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:09
    No money?
    Every working person in the US pays into a social security fund, comes out automatically each paycheck.
    What do you mean no money?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Are you planning to give us a citation or something to indicate what you're talking about? Or are we to simply assume you're pulling random numbers out of thin air?
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 02:51
    So much confusion . . .
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 05:18
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    social security has no money. they only have paper checks printed at the treasury which people use a fiat currency.[/b]
    Please, not another thread about the government being broke. I thought Marauder cleared all that up by saying that the government can just borrow as much money as it wants when it wants. Geesh.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 09:131 edit
    Originally inspired by telerion
    ......there's too much confusion ....
    ...I can get no relief.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree