US spends  $704,198 for Gardening at Ambassador's Home

US spends $704,198 for Gardening at Ambassador's Home

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
10 Apr 13
1 edit

http://america-whereareyou.com/2013/04/safe-from-sequester-704198-for-gardening-at-nato-ambassadors-home/

Why not simply sell the property and move the Ambassador into the Embassy?

The answer: Politicians are the New Class. They live the life of aristrocrats paid for by public funds. Nice.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
10 Apr 13

Originally posted by Eladar
http://america-whereareyou.com/2013/04/safe-from-sequester-704198-for-gardening-at-nato-ambassadors-home/

Why not simply sell the property and move the Ambassador into the Embassy?

The answer: Politicians are the New Class. They live the life of aristrocrats paid for by public funds. Nice.
You think that's bad do you???

It's going to cost £8 million pounds sterling
to bury Maggie Thatcher.

Not an awful lot of digging involved there.

E

Moves
10 Apr 13
1 edit

This was gardening for just one Ambassador. I wouldn't want to know how much the US wastes every year on this kind of stuff. This doesn't even take into account expenses like alcohol.

But yes, we bury our political leaders with all the trappings of royalty of old. Why is it that people don't see it?

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
10 Apr 13

This was gardening for just one Ambassador. I wouldn't want to know how much the US wastes every year on this kind of stuff. This doesn't even take into account expenses like alcohol.

But yes, we bury our political leaders with all the trappings of royalty of old. Why is it that people don't see it?
I'd love a gig like that.

Hello, I am the Ambassador of the Rumpy Pumpy islands.

Champagne? Splendid. All on the expense account is it?

Excellent. Bring in another crate. Where are the dancing girls?

We have to meet them. It is my mission to promote cultural ties.

E

Moves
10 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I'd love a gig like that.

Hello, I am the Ambassador of the Rumpy Pumpy islands.

Champagne? Splendid. All on the expense account is it?

Excellent. Bring in another crate. Where are the dancing girls?

We have to meet them. It is my mission to promote cultural ties.
To get that job in the US all you need to do is be a big financial backer of the person who wins the Presidency. If you are going to live the life of luxury on the public dime, you either need to be elected to high office or help someone get elected to high office.

If you aren't rich, find rich people who will put you in office. Just be sure you do what they want so that you can stay there. Nice system we have here isn't it.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
10 Apr 13

To get that job in the US all you need to do is be a big financial backer of the person who wins the Presidency. If you are going to live the life of luxury on the public dime, you either need to be elected to high office or help someone get elected to high office.

If you aren't rich, find rich people who will put you in office. Just be sure you do what they want so that you can stay there. Nice system we have here isn't it.
That system is replicated all over the world.
The only difference is where you are it's a
bigger pool.

Over here same type of big fish but smaller pond.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Apr 13

to bury Maggie Thatcher.

Thatcher in a rose garden:

Russell Brand's surprisingly moving and eloquent meditation on the passing of Lady T:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/09/russell-brand-margaret-thatcher

w

Moves
12 Apr 13
1 edit

to bury Maggie Thatcher.

Hmmm.

Garden........dead body........they could solve this whole ordeal rather cheaply and, at the same time, make the garden the most fertile the world has ever known!!