Vilsack

Standard memberHugh Glass
Debates 21 Jul '10 21:12
  1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:12
    Today I watched the man admit he made a hasty decision, and appologized for it. Done deal, drop the whole thing hey?
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:14
    Fire him!
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:17
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Today I watched the man admit he made a hasty decision, and appologized for it. Done deal, drop the whole thing hey?
    So the day after he demanded the resignation and then put out a statement defending his actions is now of course backpedalling faster than Michael Phelps.

He supposedly has offered to hire her back. He should be forced to hire her back at a significant raise -except the raise should be taken out of his paycheck.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:18
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    So the day after he demanded the resignation and then put out a statement defending his actions is now of course backpedalling faster than Michael Phelps.

He supposedly has offered to hire her back. He should be forced to hire her back at a significant raise -except the raise should be taken out of his paycheck.
    everyone makes mistakes,, probably not as high profile as this one though. If she goes back, she will have some benefits we probably won't hear about.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:27
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    everyone makes mistakes,, probably not as high profile as this one though. If she goes back, she will have some benefits we probably won't hear about.
    The main mistake here was the ridiculous reactionary panic of Vilsac and the administration. They were so trusting of these sources (which aren't exactly known for having a pro-obama bias or even a neutral bias) that they acted impetuously on it without taking the opportunity to find out the real facts out of fear of the political fallout.

They deserve this egg on their face and I hope this teaches them to replace their spine with something other than a wet noodle.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:35
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn

in an interview I saw this morning, Sherrod didn't seem like she wanted to be hired back -- she seemed to feel very betrayed by the whole ordeal.
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 21:41
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    in an interview I saw this morning, Sherrod didn't seem like she wanted to be hired back -- she seemed to feel very betrayed by the whole ordeal.
    Well, I definitely understand her not taking the offer. Of course she feels betrayed by the whole thing, she pretty much was.
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 22:59
    I just heard that she is looking at a legal course of action...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree