27 Sep '12 18:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio

Classic. If Obama gets re-elected it will be because of people like this. 🙁
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 08:29
    http://www.theroot.com/buzz/obama-gave-me-phone-video-really

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/27/924011/the-truth-about-the-obama-phone/?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/09/just-how-racist-obama-phone-video/57353/
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 09:03
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Vote for Obama because he gave you a phone
    "Is the Obama Phone Obama's doing? No. The universal service requirement dates back at least to the Communications Act of 1934. The Lifeline program specifically was started in 1984 under President Reagan and was expanded in 1996 under President Clinton to allow qualifying households to choose to apply the benefit to either a landline or a cell phone. So no, it's not an Obama handout."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/09/just-how-racist-obama-phone-video/57353/
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 09:04
    "Since 2009, there has been an urban myth that Obama created a program to provide free phones to low-income Americans at taxpayer expense. There is, in fact, a government program that will provide low-income people with a free or low cost cell phone. It was started in 2008 under George W. Bush.

The idea of providing low-income individuals with subsidized phone service was originated in the Reagan administration following the break-up of AT&T in 1984. (It was expanded and formalized by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.) The program is paid for by telecommunications companies through an independent non-profit, not through tax revenue."

Some people are so frightened of Obama-the-bogeyman that they'll believe ANYTHING.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 09:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio

Classic. If Obama gets re-elected it will be because of people like this. 🙁
    If Obama gets re-elected it will be in spite of people like Eladar, who doesn't check his/her sources before posting urban myths.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 09:28
    Who needs facts when you have YouTube?
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 13:09
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    If Obama gets re-elected it will be in spite of people like Eladar, who doesn't check his/her sources before posting urban myths.
    Eladar can correct me if I'm wrong, but I took his point to be that many Obama voters (represented by the people in the video) are so underinformed that they intend to vote for Obama for something he had little hand in and for similar inane and ignorant reasons. I believe that fact that President Obama was not even the person responsible for the program under which the people received their phones bolsters his point.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 13:27
    If that is what Eladar meant then he should have posted some statistics to back up that claim. Posting one Youtube video of a hysterical woman screaming some stuff about a phone is not helping anyone. Does anyone seriously feel that this woman is a good representation of the average Obama voter?

On the topic of Obama voters believing that Obama was responsible for this program (or at least being uninformed about it), check out the number of people - most definitely ANTI-Obama - who've responded on Glenn Beck's website also believing that Obama is responsible for this (http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/27/another-epic-obama-supporter-he-gave-me-a-phone/). So far I've got one hysterical Youtube-woman verses a whole herd of Anti-Obama's being uninformed. Can we from this draw the conclusion that Anti-Obama people are less informed than Obama voters?
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 14:00
    Originally posted by sh76
    Eladar can correct me if I'm wrong, but I took his point to be that many Obama voters (represented by the people in the video) are so underinformed that they intend to vote for Obama for something he had little hand in and for similar inane and ignorant reasons. I believe that fact that President Obama was not even the person responsible for the program under which the people received their phones bolsters his point.
    The unwritten suggestion of course is that ONLY uninformed people vote for Obama and somehow if they were just informed then they would come to their senses and vote for Romney.

Of course I am sure there are plenty of uninformed people voting for Romney.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 14:41
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    The unwritten suggestion of course is that ONLY uninformed people vote for Obama and somehow if they were just informed then they would come to their senses and vote for Romney.

Speaking of informed/uninformed , out of curiosity what is your take (as well as the other Obama suppporters here) on the Obama administrations handling/reaction to the Sept. 11 Benghazi terrorist attack ?
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 14:58
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Speaking of informed/uninformed , out of curiosity what is your take (as well as the other Obama suppporters here) on the Obama administrations handling/reaction to the Sept. 11 Benghazi terrorist attack ?
    I have frankly only been casually paying attention to that, but my main problem has been that the administration appears to have been too politically afraid to admit that it was a planned attack and hinted for too long that it solely had to do with that idiotic movie.

At first I agree that it might have appeared that it was linked to the movie, but we've gotten enough information since then that shows it wasn't.

That is my take based on what I know now. I fully admit I might not know all the details since well, I have a life outside of the news that does keep me pretty busy.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 15:33
    I have frankly only been casually paying attention to that, but my main problem has been that the administration appears to have been too politically afraid to admit that it was a planned attack and hinted for too long that it solely had to do with that idiotic movie.

At first I agree that it might have appeared that it was linked to the movie, but we ...[text shortened]... w all the details since well, I have a life outside of the news that does keep me pretty busy.
    At first I agree that it might have appeared that it was linked to the movie, but we've gotten enough information since then that shows it wasn't.-PsycoPawn

It would seem that way from what the what the White House was feeding us including Obama himself.
    But, the White House knew that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist act from day one.
    Secretary Panetta now admits that the Pentagon knew within hours of the assault on America’s Benghazi consulate that left Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others dead that it was an act of terrorism and not a spontaneous protest that spun out of control over the movie trailer as the Obama administration tried spin.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 15:50

No, that is not really the unwritten suggestion.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 15:581 edit
    You nailed it.

People like that lady will vote for Obama no matter what because they are who they are and he is who he is.

Of course certain Republicans would like public funding for cell phones, that's more government money going into the pockets of Big Business.
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 16:00
    No, that is not really the unwritten suggestion.
    Well, you said it so it must be true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree