Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    23 Jan '18 20:152 edits
    As Democrats and Republicans jockey for political advantage over everything from Healthcare to DACA to Infrastructure, achieving nothing but gridlock, and division, over 80% of Americans are angry and want to clean house in Congress and start over, but do they do it? NO! Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, Orrin Hatch, Dianne Feinstein and many others have been in Congress for decades. So, who's to blame for this? The lawmakers, or the voters who keep re electing them?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81331
    23 Jan '18 21:19
    Originally posted by @mchill
    As Democrats and Republicans jockey for political advantage over everything from Healthcare to DACA to Infrastructure, achieving nothing but gridlock, and division, over 80% of Americans are angry and want to clean house in Congress and start over, but do they do it? NO! Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, Orrin Hatch, Dianne Feinstein and many others have been ...[text shortened]... or decades. So, who's to blame for this? The lawmakers, or the voters who keep re electing them?
    People like you that would chose democrat come hell or high water.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138601
    23 Jan '18 21:29
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    People like you that would chose democrat come hell or high water.
    And ........ what would be wrong with that ??
    It seems perfectly OK to vote GOP come hell or high water or an idiot in the White House !!
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81331
    23 Jan '18 21:36
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    And ........ what would be wrong with that ??
    It seems perfectly OK to vote GOP come hell or high water or an idiot in the White House !!
    who said it was ok to vote gop come hell or high water? delirium? overdose? why are you imagining things?
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138601
    23 Jan '18 22:50
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    who said it was ok to vote gop come hell or high water? delirium? overdose? why are you imagining things?
    You brought up the "hell or high water" referring to Dems.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81331
    24 Jan '18 02:16
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    You brought up the "hell or high water" referring to Dems.
    and you brought up the gop as if I included them...just trying to see your point.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7300
    24 Jan '18 10:32
    Originally posted by @mchill
    As Democrats and Republicans jockey for political advantage over everything from Healthcare to DACA to Infrastructure, achieving nothing but gridlock, and division, over 80% of Americans are angry and want to clean house in Congress and start over, but do they do it? NO! Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, Orrin Hatch, Dianne Feinstein and many others have been ...[text shortened]... or decades. So, who's to blame for this? The lawmakers, or the voters who keep re electing them?
    As the meme says: why not both? You and your oligarchs merrily continue to reinforce eachothers' worst character traits. B$##@r both of you.

    Of course, the real culprits are your sanctified Founding Fathers, who set up your political system so that this would be the inevitable outcome. But they're sacred, and the system is perfectly democratic, so let's not talk about that, OK?
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56296
    24 Jan '18 12:29
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    As the meme says: why not both? You and your oligarchs merrily continue to reinforce eachothers' worst character traits. B$##@r both of you.

    Of course, the real culprits are your sanctified Founding Fathers, who set up your political system so that this would be the inevitable outcome. But they're sacred, and the system is perfectly democratic, so let's not talk about that, OK?
    You nailed it.

    The system is broken.
    Unless the Americans are willing to change it, they’re stuck in a political quagmire.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 Jan '18 14:29
    Well they reopened the government and I'm mad as hell about it! 😠
  10. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    24 Jan '18 15:191 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    As the meme says: why not both? You and your oligarchs merrily continue to reinforce eachothers' worst character traits. B$##@r both of you.

    Of course, the real culprits are your sanctified Founding Fathers, who set up your political system so that this would be the inevitable outcome. But they're sacred, and the system is perfectly democratic, so let's not talk about that, OK?
    I'm sorry if our blundering founding fathers and their silly ideas offend you Mr. shallow, but I'd like to remind you that we blundered our way into Berlin in 1945 and saved your precious backsides from the Nazi's. Our system of government is not perfect, but I'd wager it's far better than Der Fuhrer could have offered you.😲

    So let's not talk about that. OK?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81331
    24 Jan '18 15:46
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    As the meme says: why not both? You and your oligarchs merrily continue to reinforce eachothers' worst character traits. B$##@r both of you.

    Of course, the real culprits are your sanctified Founding Fathers, who set up your political system so that this would be the inevitable outcome. But they're sacred, and the system is perfectly democratic, so let's not talk about that, OK?
    Our founding fathers created a constitution. DACA is a direct VIOLATION of this constitution. That is where the problem lies.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81331
    24 Jan '18 15:47
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    You nailed it.

    The system is broken.
    Unless the Americans are willing to change it, they’re stuck in a political quagmire.
    Does this change mean...abiding by our constitution once again?
  13. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    24 Jan '18 15:55
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Our founding fathers created a constitution. DACA is a direct VIOLATION of this constitution. That is where the problem lies.
    I think you'll get an argument from the judiciary on that one.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81331
    24 Jan '18 16:08
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I think you'll get an argument from the judiciary on that one.
    That is in the works...

    DACA is not law...it came about by an executive order...DACA violates federal law. Executive orders cannot violate federal law.

    http://www.scotusblog.com/2018/01/trump-administration-asks-supreme-court-intervene-daca/
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35848
    24 Jan '18 23:26
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Our founding fathers created a constitution. DACA is a direct VIOLATION of this constitution. That is where the problem lies.
    Idiot.
Back to Top