1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 01:371 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Most Americans do not assume that politicians are commissioning software to flip elections. They may yawn at voter suppression on the part of Republicans, or pushes for loose ID confirmation rules on the part of Democrats. But this, if there is anything to the testimony, is just a couple of steps below a military coup.
    They had the opportunity after the 2000 fiasco to make meaningful changes. Some places did. Both counties I've recently lived in changed over to optical scan machines and paper ballots. The machines are individually counted and the results communicated without network or phone lines directly to the machines. Everything can be double checked.

Anyone with even a remote knowledge of programing knows that a self destruct can be written into a program. Compiled language programs can't be read, and are moving faster than any observer could really see. The only answer is that counting machines not be programmable, and not be connected to networks. Since the counting machines require a counting routine or program, that ought to be written in a non compiled language, high level like BASIC so that it would be more difficult to embed self destruct routines, and easier to compare the code pre election with that after.

I'm telling you that neither party wants honest elections. Each figures it can outcheat the other. Good luck with changing that. Military coup? Probably worse. Especially if the computers finally take over as in Judgment Day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree