1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 01:15
    Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti has ruled that chess is forbidden (but only as a minor vice, like music) because it encourages gambling and is a waste of time.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/21/chess-forbidden-in-islam-rules-saudi-arabia-grand-mufti?CMP=share_btn_fb

But then, there was a Bishop about a century ago who refused to drink root beer because "beer" is in the name. And another Christian leader who refused to have sex because urine comes out of the same organ.

And I know an atheist who refuses to drink anything other than water because anything else is impure.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 04:471 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti has ruled that chess is forbidden (but only as a minor vice, like music) because it encourages gambling and is a waste of time.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/21/chess-forbidden-in-islam-rules-saudi-arabia-grand-mufti?CMP=share_btn_fb

But then, there was a Bishop about a century ago who refused to drink root beer be ...[text shortened]... know an atheist who refuses to drink anything other than water because anything else is impure.
    I know a cat who only likes Friskies Chicken Pate. Then of course there is the dog who wouldn't think of eating anything else but Nature's Recipe dog food, because he's convinced any other dog food would cause fleas to bite him in the butt.

But then there was a Cocker Spaniel who 6 months ago refused to have sex with a Poodle because she looked disdainfully at his small weenie.

And I know a follower of the Bhagwan who refuses to drink anything other than Earl Grey tea because he believed Captain Picard of Star Trek the next generation is God's bald younger brother. 😀
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 05:36
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    And another Christian leader who refused to have sex because urine comes out of the same organ.
    If only all religious nutters followed this one's example.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 22:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree