1. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 May '10 22:57
    http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/opinion/2010/04/30/photo-op-iran-president-new-york-mahmoud-ahmadinejad-nuclear-conference?slide=1
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 May '10 06:39
    Listening to his speech (through which various nations walked out), I can only, and to some extent suprise myself, agree with a lot of what the man said.
    Mad as he is.

The US has 5113 nuclear warheads. One part of the NPT was that nuclear states would get rid of their nuclear weapons. This is obviously not happening, with England even wanting to update their nuclear fleet.

All Iran would have to do is leave the NPT and they'd have the same status as India and Israel when it comes to nuclear weapons.

And then there's the whole Clinton rhetoric to absorb as well. This is reported on the BBC:
    "Throughout her speech on Monday, Mrs Clinton regularly rounded on Iran, accusing President Ahmadinejad of offering the same "tired, false and sometimes wild accusations" against the US and others."

Yet, as you can plainly see, she's doing exactly the same.
    Isn't it all rather bizarre?
    Iran has no history (in recent memory) of attacking other nations (except in defence against Iraq). The US has a history of attacking nearly every other bloody nation on the planet (and using nuclear weapons) and Iran is portraid as the bad-guy in all of this.

I find it rather abstract and slightly frightening that so many people are just sitting back and accepting this sort of behaviour.
    And I'm appalled at the Dutch delegation leaving during the Iranian leader's speech. Not only is that diplomatically absurd, it's not very Dutch and looks to me like they want to brown nose the yanks.

Absolutely disgusting.
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    04 May '10 12:28
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Listening to his speech (through which various nations walked out), I can only, and to some extent suprise myself, agree with a lot of what the man said.
    Mad as he is.

The US has 5113 nuclear warheads. One part of the NPT was that nuclear states would get rid of their nuclear weapons. This is obviously not happening, with England even wanting to update ...[text shortened]... ch and looks to me like they want to brown nose the yanks.

Absolutely disgusting.
    Iran hasn't attacked any country for a thousand years if I'm not mistaken.
    India, Israel and Pakistan all have nuclear research and arsenal going on. (and they have virtually no obligations whatsoever)
    I think that Pakistan is a lot more unstable politically than Iran.

And for some strange reason all the heat is on Iran.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 May '10 14:30
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech:

http://countercurrents.org/ahmadinejad040510.htm
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 May '10 16:38
    Over the years, Shav, the USA has made about 70,000 nuclear warheads. There are only 5113 active now.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    05 May '10 16:47
    who would trust the russians to REALLY destroy all their nukes? or the US?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree