1. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 11:561 edit
    No alternatives? In the third world you might not have a choice what to eat, but I have never been to a place here in Europe ort the US for that matter where do you not have an abundance of choice? Start buying fresh food instead of processed food and people will rapidly be less obese. People aremostly just very lazy and stuff themselves with fast-food and THAT is the most important reason for this obesitas epidemic.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 12:141 edit
    Originally posted by Kegge
    No alternatives? In the third world you might not have a choice what to eat, but I have never been to a place here in Europe ort the US for that matter where do you not have an abundance of choice? Start buying fresh food instead of processed food and people will rapidly be less obese. People aremostly just very lazy and stuff themselves with fast-food and THAT is the most important reason for this obesitas epidemic.
    All of this is true but when you have the daily bombardment of ads and unfortunately ads work, which is why I avoid them like the plague. So you get ads for fake crap and people don't know the difference, like honey, they think they are getting the real thing, nobody brought that one up before. I am going to call the 'honey' producers I see and ask them point blank how much actual honey there is in their product.

I do see ads for 'raw' honey online and they have images and it is clearly already crystallized, so it is probably save to say it is real.

So the question I have is this: Is there ANY real honey on the grocery shelves?

Same with the glued meat. I don't eat much red meat so that is not a huge concern of mine personally but steak lovers might be incensed. Plus the Coby steak thing, where there are only 9 restaurants in the entire US able to sell REAL coby, so we need to identify those only claiming coby on their menu and probably charging 300 bucks a head also, don't kinow though.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 12:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All of this is true but when you have the daily bombardment of ads and unfortunately ads work, which is why I avoid them like the plague. So you get ads for fake crap and people don't know the difference, like honey, they think they are getting the real thing, nobody brought that one up before. I am going to call the 'honey' producers I see and ask them poi ...[text shortened]... nly claiming coby on their menu and probably charging 300 bucks a head also, don't kinow though.
    It's okay if they serve me horse-meat if they just call it horse. Then I'll know and can make a choice yes/no.

But if they say it is Kobe but it is horse - then they are lying! And this is the thing I feel the most disgusting - that they fool me right in front of me!

If it says honey, then I want it to be honey. If they say Champagne, then it should be real Champagne from France. If they say (---) then it should also be (---) or else they are lying!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 18:00
    Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food
    https://www.apnews.com/77af2b349c054a06a600663de1ba1e2a/Oregon-joins-states-where-roadkill-can-be-harvested-for-food

Is the people of USA really okay with this? When will I ever buy a hamburger 'Made in USA'? Perhaps to feed my dog...

This makes my opinion firmer that I will never buy products to eat from USA, never, if I can avoid it, not ever!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 09:31
    Another clip YouTube I found shows how easily mislead we are. What we think the food is isn't that at all.

I like Maple Syrup on my pancakes. Not anymore. If it has an 'Made in USA' label, then it is not Maple Syrup.

I found out that my peanut butter Skippy is only 90% peanuts. What is the rest? I made my own peanut butter. Tasted better but is 100% pure. Why am I suspicious? It says 'Made in USA' on the label!

And no, I don't eat any meat from USA anymore.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree