what democrats really think…

what democrats really think…

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
42d

@Suzianne
LOL. This happened to me once. A group of us were taking photos at an event and it seemed appropriate to give a 'thumbs up' to the camera. Well, after several snaps, I decide to change to the 'OK' sign - just for variety.

I had no idea that 'OK' had been appropriated to mean 'white power' in some circles.

And the guy next to me was black. Hoo boy... the internet comments.

Moves
42d

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps
So we are now supposed to just suck it up and forget his previous BS statements. Water under the bridge and so when he gets convicted of an actual crime, goes to jail, just water under the bridge and when he gets out he runs again?
Or did you actually think your religious leader Trump never said ingest bleach or stick a UV light up your butt?
no, he didn’t

your liberal media has you believing lies

Lake Como

Moves
42d
1 edit

@spruce112358 said
@Suzianne
LOL. This happened to me once. A group of us were taking photos at an event and it seemed appropriate to give a 'thumbs up' to the camera. Well, after several snaps, I decide to change to the 'OK' sign - just for variety.

I had no idea that 'OK' had been appropriated to mean 'white power' in some circles.

And the guy next to me was black. Hoo boy... the internet comments.
Oh my goodness, thanks for telling us. I will change my way of life for the last hundred years and start doing things the way your society dictates.
You libs are pitiful. A stranger ‘next to you’ affects who you are?!?!? Jesus, Spruce. Just who are all you fellers, anyway? Do you even know, from one day to the next?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
42d

@averagejoe1 said
Just who are all you fellers, anyway?
We 'libs,' as you put it, are very reasonable and rational people. We have lots of common sense. We don't like to split up families.

That's who we are.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
42d

@Suzianne
Don't forget Democrats and Christian Nationalists.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
42d
4 edits

@Mott-The-Hoople

Are you really this stupid we would not remember this BULLSHYTE?

Here are some more STUPID shyte from Trump:

They took over the AIRPORTS in 1776. These are his words not democrat witch hunts.

NOISE from windmills causes cancer. Right.

Lake Como

Moves
42d

@spruce112358 said
We 'libs,' as you put it, are very reasonable and rational people. We have lots of common sense. We don't like to split up families.

That's who we are.
Split up as in airline seating??. Book early. Be responsible, be self reliant. Plan! Make good choices. It is only the daddy, the government has not one scintilla of duty to the daddy to lead him through the process with the mean Delta. I truly don't get what you are on about, what else is this daddy going to expect from the government. Next you will ask the government to pay off the tuition loan of one of your children......the result of poor planning. But I digress.
Libs are so dependent it is unbelievable. Not one lib has ever denied that they are dependent. It is in their blood.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
42d

@averagejoe1 said
Split up as in airline seating??. Book early. Be responsible, be self reliant. Plan! Make good choices. It is only the daddy, the government has not one scintilla of duty to the daddy to lead him through the process with the mean Delta. I truly don't get what you are on about, what else is this daddy going to expect from the government. Next you will ask the governmen ...[text shortened]... ent it is unbelievable. Not one lib has ever denied that they are dependent. It is in their blood.
You have a lot of advice about raising children and yet sound suspiciously like someone who has none. True?

As for being dependent, we are all dependent on a government which should be protecting all our rights equally (and would do the job better if it weren't so distracted trying to 'improve' things). Yes, even libertarians. I saw a great meme today:

Q: "In your own words, how would you describe libertarians?"
A: "House cats. They are convinced of their fierce independence while utterly dependent on a system they don't appreciate or understand."

This is true, on the whole. I mean, I've run for office as a Libertarian, so I can speak with authority.

Is it a right to sit next to your kids on a plane? Sure. Let's make it a right. Problem solved. Next case.

Lake Como

Moves
42d
2 edits

@spruce112358 said
You have a lot of advice about raising children and yet sound suspiciously like someone who has none. True?

As for being dependent, we are all dependent on a government which should be protecting all our rights equally (and would do the job better if it weren't so distracted trying to 'improve' things). Yes, even libertarians. I saw a great meme today:

Q: "In your ...[text shortened]... a right to sit next to your kids on a plane? Sure. Let's make it a right. Problem solved. Next case.
Definition: Privilege:, prerogative refers to a special advantage or right possessed by an individual or group. A privilege is a right or advantage gained by birth, social position, effort, or concession. It can have either legal or personal sanction: the privilege of paying half fare; the privilege of calling whenever one wishes.

That is what you have when you qualify for certain seating on a plane....you must qualify. You say that (such seating) should be a 'right'.

Hmmmm,,,, Well, could you elaborate?

Lake Como

Moves
42d
1 edit

@spruce112358 said
Spruce, all due respects, you got after me for asking about your personal persuasions this morning, but here you are asking me if I have children??
At least you have inadvertently answered my question about persuasions. Carry on.
No need to apologize, save your energy for telling us what you will think of SCOTUS when they come down with the tuition decision. I can't believe you are OK with my paying off the tuition of (your children), but I don't want to get too personal.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
41d

@averagejoe1 said
Spruce, all due respects, you got after me for asking about your personal persuasions this morning, but here you are asking me if I have children??
At least you have inadvertently answered my question about persuasions. Carry on.
No need to apologize, save your energy for telling us what you will think of SCOTUS when they come down with the tuition decision. I ...[text shortened]... you are OK with my paying off the tuition of (your children), but I don't want to get too personal.
My point being that if you ever do have kids, you might think differently about this.

That's ok. It's a normal to change your mind when you have new information.

Lake Como

Moves
41d

@spruce112358 said
My point being that if you ever do have kids, you might think differently about this.

That's ok. It's a normal to change your mind when you have new information.
Who doesn't have kids?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
41d

@averagejoe1 said
Who doesn't have kids?
🙂

Lake Como

Moves
41d

@spruce112358 said
🙂
Spruce, I note that you are an advocate of Democracy. Could you and Sonhouse define it for us all, will save a lot of skewed incorrect definitions to have to respond to. Thanks

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
41d
2 edits

@AverageJoe1
Right. Like you don't know what democracy is. Try looking it up, we are not your secretary.
You have made stupid statements time and time again and here is yet another.
You would not agree with either of our definitions no matter what we say, you just want chaos, more the merrier.
Why don't you answer this: Is it ok for your orange anti Christ to threaten the life of a sitting president?
You no doubt know what I am talking about, picture of Biden hog tied with a bullet hole, I bet you saw that before anyone else, I bet you check out 'truth social' ten times a day so you know the latest Trump religious announcement, who to threaten and so forth.

This latest unconscionable picture, the first time a former president explicitly threatens a sitting president in US history but of course for you and the rest of your ultrarightwingnut buddies, FREE SPEECH.
In fact those kind of pictures is a message to his henchmen to follow through.
That is what happened to the Freeman family, that is what happened to election pol workers, a message by your orange anti Christ, someone's name printed out, and a dozen Trump freaks come out with weapons and amplifiers screaming at whomever Trump called out.
Now the daughter of the judge in the hush money case, and a hundred similar threats to the Colorado secretary of state.
This is insurrection carried out by decree. A decree from your orange anti Christ
equals henchmen coming out and attacking whoever Trump specifies.
For you, just normal politics but some have died already, and you could care less.