1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 19:591 edit
    OK, everybody, bygones be bygones, I will be nice to Handy,
    whatever it takes..........
    With no subtle digs or partisan or non-clever mean opinions, let us define it in stone for ease of future debate. Look at Webster, it is about 'exalting nation, and maybe race, over the individual, centralized autocratic government, etc."
    The Urban Dictionary is full of definitions, but it appears the common thread is that the individual realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of his nation. Its Totalitarianism holds the State to be of the highest value, to which all individuals must be loyal. It also says that fascism almost always brings war.
    So, as there seems to be quite a 'divide' brewing, what say you all about facism? If you simply agree with the above, then we discuss how it might apply in the USA. (just the usa)
    Remember, Trump is gone, no sense muddying up your response, which would send some into left field!!
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    With no subtle digs or partisan or non-clever mean opinions, let us define it in stone for ease of future debate. Look at Webster, it is about 'exalting nation, and maybe race, over the individual, centralized autocratic government, etc."
    The Urban Dictionary is full of defi ...[text shortened]... Remember, Trump is gone, no sense muddying up your response, which would send some into left field!!
    Democrat party is fascist.
    Agree with them or you become an unperson like in Orwell's 1984.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:33
    @dood111 said
    Democrat party is fascist.
    Agree with them or you become an unperson like in Orwell's 1984.
    1984 was 37 years ago.........
    Why don't you fill me in on what happened. I must have missed something. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:34
    @averagejoe1 said
    The Urban Dictionary is full of defi ...[text shortened]... Remember, Trump is gone, no sense muddying up your response, which would send some into left field!!
    Go look up the definition given by Benito Mussolini .
    That is the most accurate IMO .
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 21:211 edit
    Fascism is an originally Italian idea which aggressively encourages extreme nationalism in which the dominant ethnic group in the country take over the government and suppress minority cultures and peoples. Fascists generally support big business, the military and organized religion. They use phrases like “better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for eternity” and “make our country great again”. They back up their ideology with violence at all levels from government down to angry mobs.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 22:01
    @athousandyoung said
    Fascism is an originally Italian idea which aggressively encourages extreme nationalism in which the dominant ethnic group in the country take over the government and suppress minority cultures and peoples. Fascists generally support big business, the military and organized religion. They use phrases like “better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for eternity” and ...[text shortened]... again”. They back up their ideology with violence at all levels from government down to angry mobs.
    Well written, Thousanddrums. Never seen you so eloquent.

Next?
  7. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 22:02
    @mghrn55 said
    1984 was 37 years ago.........
    Why don't you fill me in on what happened. I must have missed something. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    I guess you've never heard of the democrat concept of cancel culture?
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:32
    @dood111 said
    I guess you've never heard of the democrat concept of cancel culture?
    It’s not a democrat thing dufus, corporate sponsored media have been pulling shows that they don’t like for years and years. What you hate about this version is that it’s been democratised and there nothing a right wing Tea Party / Trumpian hates more than democracy.
    Suck it up there’s plenty more to come.
  9. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:41
    @athousandyoung said
    Fascism is an originally Italian idea which aggressively encourages extreme nationalism in which the dominant ethnic group in the country take over the government and suppress minority cultures and peoples. Fascists generally support big business, the military and organized religion. They use phrases like “better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for eternity” and ...[text shortened]... again”. They back up their ideology with violence at all levels from government down to angry mobs.
    Sounds a lot like Stalin, Mao, and Democrats.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 04:58
    Fascism ( as far as I can tell ): Any belief in individual rights/responsibility...
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 06:03
    Fascism to me is an undemocratic political system (so the political party in power can stay in power) which forces business to obey the will of the party and suppresses all other politcal parties and oppossing voices.

It’s also nationalistic. So anything (cultural, political, ethnic, religious, etc. ) which is different from party doctrine is also oppressed.

The political party is above the law (so no trias politica as such) and the political party decides choice, means and distribution of production (forcing business to obey and the normal worker having no say at all: so anti-communist, anti-trade union).
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 07:27
    @athousandyoung said
    I would add that fascism runs on idolizing the leader, who typically claims “only I can fix what’s wrong”, in short a personality cult.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 07:37
    @moonbus said
    I would add that fascism runs on idolizing the leader, who typically claims “only I can fix what’s wrong”, in short a personality cult.
    And most fascist leaders have a bad-ass moustache.
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 07:47
    @joe-shmo said
    Fascism ( as far as I can tell ): Any belief in individual rights/responsibility...
    Try Corporatism
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 09:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree