1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 22:54
    Is asking what people imiagine God to look like, his personality to be- too deep a question for a chess realated web site's spirtuality forum?

I have come to the conclusion that it must be. Perhaps becasue what a person imiagines God to be is a projection of what they think God should be mixed with their reality of persons who have been in power win their formative years. What thinks you? Would you answer a question like that in a forum of strangers?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 23:59
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Is asking what people imiagine God to look like, his personality to be- too deep a question for a chess realated web site's spirtuality forum?

I have come to the conclusion that it must be. Perhaps becasue what a person imiagines God to be is a projection of what they think God should be mixed with their reality of persons who have been in power win the ...[text shortened]... ormative years. What thinks you? Would you answer a question like that in a forum of strangers?
    Some people would answer it some wouldn't. No problem there from what I can see.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 00:28

I have come to the conclusion that it must be. Perhaps becasue what a person imiagines God to be is a projection of what they think God should be mixed with their reality of persons who have been in power win the ...[text shortened]... ormative years. What thinks you? Would you answer a question like that in a forum of strangers?
    Try it out in the spirituality forum.they will jump all over that.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 01:27

Come on man, we have all seen pictures of the Messiah. I just wish he was not my President right now. :'(
  5. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 09:34

When you ask a question and you don't get the answers you expect, you might first consider if
    you asked the right question. You asked how people imagine God, his personality and
    characteristics. It stands to reason that some will give you the description of the biblical God,
    because that's precisely how they imagine God. It's not necessarily that they lack the imagination
    or depth to consider God from a more personal perspective. Some, like me, will question the
    image of God as presented in the bible and instead give an idea of what they think God
    should be (rather than what it is). This is natural for me, considering I'm an agnostic atheist
    who can only really talk about God hypothetically.

In short, you will get the answers from people's understanding of the question (and sometimes
    more). Don't think that because you're the only one whom understood your own question
    perfectly, it means that the remaining participants of your thread lack your depth (or that the
    question was too big for a chess site). It merely means that you need to work on formulating your
    questions better. A demanding task to say the least. Believe me, I know. I fail at this most of the
    time. I simply cannot imagine anyone being deeper than me, and I find proof all the time when
    people fail to answer my questions as I expect them to.

😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 10:44
    'Percieve' may be a better word than 'imagine' which implies fiction and delusion; exactly what athiests accuse religious/spiritual people of being.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 17:16
    Thank you Jigtie and Div. Espically Jigtie for taking the time to word your critisim nicelly, I apresiate that.
  8. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 05:43
    "Why do men have nipples?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree