1. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:35
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Who made you the authority on what life forms are to be given a s##t about and which are not. Their little fun isn't hurting you is it?
    Their little fun isn't hurting you is it?

the holocaust didn't hurt me either, that doesn't mean it was right.

Laws concerning animal cruelty are designed to prevent needless cruelty to animals, bullfighting is needless, and it should not be allowed.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b] Their little fun isn't hurting you is it?

the holocaust didn't hurt me either, that doesn't mean it was right.

Laws concerning animal cruelty are designed to prevent needless cruelty to animals, bullfighting is needless, and it should not be allowed.[/b]
    Before you get all wound up I was just jerking your chain. It is a shame people consider this entertainment. I don't know that it hurts me personally but it does say something about humanity. What do you want to bet that there are a lot of folks more worried about the bull fighting issues than the unborn babies that get aborted by the gillions?
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:41
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Before you get all wound up I was just jerking your chain. It is a shame people consider this entertainment. I don't know that it hurts me personally but it does say something about humanity. What do you want to bet that there are a lot of folks more worried about the bull fighting issues than the unborn babies that get aborted by the gillions?
    I knew you were.

yes, that is the case sometimes. But not me, I think we should make laws that protect both humans and animals.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:42
    thats a stupid thing to say.
    Can you elaborate on that?
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:43
    I knew you were.

yes, that is the case sometimes. But not me, I think we should make laws that protect both humans and animals.
    agreed!
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Can you elaborate on that?
    cows are part of our diet, and usually, when we kill cows for consumption, it is done in a humane way, there is no needless suffering.

whereas bullfighting has no intention other than entertain twisted people who enjoy watching the suffering of innocent beings.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:51
    cows are part of our diet, and usually, when we kill cows for consumption, it is done in a humane way, there is no needless suffering.

whereas bullfighting has no intention other than entertain twisted people who enjoy watching the suffering of innocent beings.
    Cows are not necessarily part of our diet. Therefore any suffering caused to cows as a result of people eating them is needless.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:54
    Cows are not necessarily part of our diet. Therefore any suffering caused to cows as a result of people eating them is needless.
    who are you to say what is and what isn't part of my diet?
  9. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 16:59
    who are you to say what is and what isn't part of my diet?
    Who are you to say what is and what isn't part of my entertainment?
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:24
    Who are you to say what is and what isn't part of my entertainment?
    Im not saying it isn't. Im saying it harms animals for no reason.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:301 edit
    Im not saying it isn't. Im saying it harms animals for no reason.
    Why is running after them for entertainment an invalid reason, but locking them up all their life and then killing them for entertainment a valid reason?
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:31
    Why is running after them for entertainment an invalid reason, but locking them up all their life and then killing then for entertainment a valid reason?
    I never said locking them up all their life was valid either.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:32
    I never said locking them up all their life was valid either.
    So what is your point? If you think it's wrong that billions of animals are being killed every year for entertainment, why are you getting worked up over a handful of bulls?
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:36
    So what is your point? If you think it's wrong that billions of animals are being killed every year for entertainment, why are you getting worked up over a handful of bulls?
    I think we should treat them as humanely as possible when killing them for consuption, and we should make sure they're not abused by people.

bullfights are abuse, that is a fact, why don't know why you insist on denying that.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:43
    I think we should treat them as humanely as possible when killing them for consuption, and we should make sure they're not abused by people.

bullfights are abuse, that is a fact, why don't know why you insist on denying that.
    Bull fights are abuse, just like locking up animals and then killing them.

Not that I give a toss. I like eating cows, so if it takes killing them, so be it. But I wouldn't be hypocritical enough to claim some other entertainment that some other people like is wrong merely because I do not enjoy it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree