1. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:56
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Bull fights are abuse, just like locking up animals and then killing them.

Not that I give a toss. I like eating cows, so if it takes killing them, so be it. But I wouldn't be hypocritical enough to claim some other entertainment that some other people like is wrong merely because I do not enjoy it.
    agreed.

Not really, there is big difference between the two. it isn't wrong because I don't like it, it is wrong because it kills the animal for no reason, and with much suffering.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:59
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    agreed.

Not really, there is big difference between the two. it isn't wrong because I don't like it, it is wrong because it kills the animal for no reason, and with much suffering.
    Killing animals for food:

- No reason - check
    - Much suffering - check

Where is the difference?
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 18:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Killing animals for food:

- No reason - check
    - Much suffering - check

Where is the difference?
    it does have a reason, we eat food in order to survive, meat provides us with many nutrients necessary for a healthy body.

much suffering? it depends on the method of killing, but certainly, it isn't as suffering as bullfighting.
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 23:03
    I think we should treat them as humanely as possible when killing them for consuption, and we should make sure they're not abused by people.

bullfights are abuse, that is a fact, why don't know why you insist on denying that.
    It is my understanding that there generally is an unnecessary amount of suffering for the animals in slaughterhouses now anyway. Diet or entertainment, suffering still exists and it should definitely be minimised.
  5. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 23:24
    As far as Ballfighting is concerned i feel that any civilized country would have outlawed it by now. It's excruciatingly painful and presents a very ugly and hairy sight at the dinner table. And besides that they're for sucking not chewing. One does not suck their entrée, at least not in public.

GRANNY.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 23:311 edit
    why is a country like spain allowing such a backward, and bloodthirsty activity to take place?
    Spain has a peculiar fetish when it comes to the bull. For example, one minute they torment the bulls in front of a live audience and then kill it wilh a sword for pure entertainment value and the next they are running for their lives down a street as the bulls seek their revenge. Maybe its something in the water?
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 00:01
    why is a country like spain allowing such a backward, and bloodthirsty activity to take place?
    It'll happen when China outlaws rice, when Argentina outlaws meat, and when Germany outlaws beer.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:29
    it does have a reason, we eat food in order to survive, meat provides us with many nutrients necessary for a healthy body.

much suffering? it depends on the method of killing, but certainly, it isn't as suffering as bullfighting.
    You don't need to kill animals to acquire food.
  9. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:52
    They're backwards and bloodthirsty people?

I think a long-lived tradition like bullfighting is very hard to stop. It's a joyful experience for the
    people who go to see these spectacles, and to make them stop you have to convince them that
    what they're doing is essentially no different than cheering on a man sticking spears through the
    torso of another, unarmed man. Good luck with that. Many (wo)men have tried and failed to get
    through to this particular crowd.

Besides, the American rodeos aren't much better, where they tie the balls of a bull to get it all
    crazy and shit. Whenever I see this on TV, I just hope with all my heart and sincerity that the
    bull will at least break a few ribs on the cowards before it's over. Such things always make my
    day. Of course, the sad thing is that the cowboy will then brag about having had his ribs broken
    and taken it like a man. Yeah, I could also take it like a man if I had a whole squad of clowns
    running to my rescue when it gets a wee bit out of hand. Pfft, nothing but cowards and clowns
    those people.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:03
    Originally posted by Jigtie

I think a long-lived tradition like bullfighting is very hard to stop. It's a joyful experience for the
    people who go to see these spectacles, and to make them stop you have to convince them that
    what they're doing is essentially no different than cheering on a man sticking spears through the
    torso of anoth ...[text shortened]... ue when it gets a wee bit out of hand. Pfft, nothing but cowards and clowns
    those people.
    I have relatives that were into bull rideing. They would get a nasty injury on average of 3 rides. They wised up an got out of it quickly. Even with the clowns I would say it takes some balls to get on one especially after the ambulance just gets done hauling one of them off. I think it started off with rodeo being a showing of cowboy skills. Of course it ended up being very commercial when serious money entered the picture. I think rodeo is mild compared to heat branding that takes place on ranches. I don't think the calves mind it so much but it is pure hell for the cowboy. I have been involved in it enough to know. As John Wayne said " ...I never could get used to that smell."
  11. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:13
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I have relatives that were into bull rideing. They would get a nasty injury on average of 3 rides. They wised up an got out of it quickly. Even with the clowns I would say it takes some balls to get on one especially after the ambulance just gets done hauling one of them off. I think it started off with rodeo being a showing of cowboy skills. Of course it ...[text shortened]... involved in it enough to know. As John Wayne said " ...I never could get used to that smell."
    My point is that if you're going to do something like that, do it right. Die if the bull gets the better of
    you. The world will be a much better place for it. Only cowards would go in there and torture the
    animals knowing they have a 99% chance of being rescued when they fail.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:23
    My point is that if you're going to do something like that, do it right. Die if the bull gets the better of
    you. The world will be a much better place for it. Only cowards would go in there and torture the
    animals knowing they have a 99% chance of being rescued when they fail.
    That would make it a heck of a lot more interesting. It might help out with a little natural selection and IQ scores would improve for the species.🙂
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 15:33

torso of anoth ...[text shortened]... ue when it gets a wee bit out of hand. Pfft, nothing but cowards and clowns
    those people.
    torso of another, unarmed man. Good luck with that. Many (wo)men have tried and failed to get
    through to this particular crowd.

well, that is true, but you have to keep trying.
    just because it has been done for a long time it doesn't mean it isn't backward.

Besides, the American rodeos aren't much better, where they tie the balls of a bull to get it all
    crazy and shit.

I agree, that should be stopped as well.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 01:141 edit
    [b]I think a long-lived tradition like bullfighting is very hard to stop. It's a joyful experience for the
    torso of another, unarmed man. Good luck with that. bull to get it all
    crazy and shit.

I agree, that should be stopped as well.[/b]
    When are you going to protest the killing of innocent little beggars in your country? Why pick on Spain? Clean up your garbage at home first generalissimo. Fabela killings not glamourous enough to protest or Brasil not a country to pick on? Your hypocrisy is breathtaking!!!!! As usual. Lots of concern about animals unless the mammal in question is human!
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 15:21
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    When are you going to protest the killing of innocent little beggars in your country? Why pick on Spain? Clean up your garbage at home first generalissimo. Fabela killings not glamourous enough to protest or Brasil not a country to pick on? Your hypocrisy is breathtaking!!!!! As usual. Lots of concern about animals unless the mammal in question is human!
    Oh so now it is fair to compare bullfighting (a legal and widely accepted case of animal cruelty) to the killing of beggars in Brazil (which is in no way legal or accepted)?

Murder is murder, and it is illegal in Brazil. I don't know how it would be hypocritical of me to criticize spain, who said I was in favor of those killings anyways?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree