When is Trump going to own it??

When is Trump going to own it??

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Sep 17
1 edit

Donald Trump has been given an opportunity that few Republican Presidents have. A GOP controlled House and Senate + a majority of the governorships in America. It doesn't get much easier for a Republican President than this. The Result? Nothing! No healthcare, budget, infrastructure, debt reduction, or the much ballyhooed wall. Trump has blamed judges, members of his own party, Liberals, and (of course) the media for his own inability to get his agenda off the ground.

Trump supporters, I know it's fun to blame those dirty old Liberals and the media for everything, but the Liberals have been out of power for quite awhile now, and the media does not vote in the Senate, the House, nor do they issue legal rulings. So, at what point does Donald Trump own the situation he fends himself in, or is he going to continue to blame everyone else for his own inability to govern?

K

Germany

Moves
03 Sep 17

Of course he is going to keep blaming everyone else. And his disciples will lap it up.

w

Moves
03 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @mchill
Donald Trump has been given an opportunity that few Republican Presidents have. A GOP controlled House and Senate + a majority of the governorships in America. It doesn't get much easier for a Republican President than this. The Result? Nothing! No healthcare, budget, infrastructure, debt reduction, or the much ballyhooed wall. Trump has blamed judges, membe ...[text shortened]... s himself in, or is he going to continue to blame everyone else for his own inability to govern?
How is Trump suppose to create a health care bill?

I thought his job was either to sign it or veto it.

Before Trump came, the Pubes repealed it as Obama vetoed it. But now that Trump is there to sign it, they refuse.

Why is that?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Sep 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @whodey
How is Trump suppose to create a health care bill?

Before Trump came, the Pubes repealed it as Obama vetoed it. But now that Trump is there to sign it, they refuse.

Why is that?

Wrong Whodey. President Obama worked with Congress to craft the ACA for many months before they voted on it, Obama knew the details of the ACA because he met with the heads of focus groups to see what people needed most for coverage, insurance companies, and voting blocs in Congress to see what worked for them, and when it didn't, he had to restart parts of it all over again, it was a lot of work. Donald Trump did none of this, he made speeches, bickered about crowd size, slammed Hillary Clinton, slammed the media, and left the entire process to others. In short Whodey, Trump didn't do his job!

E

Moves
03 Sep 17
1 edit

You really are not willing to view reality. You can only view things through simpleton politics goggles.

Somce I have already corrected you on this, I'll just complain that you refuse to learn.

Moves
03 Sep 17

Its simple at the end of the day.
One word answer. UNFIT.
Over his head...
An empty ego...
What does it say about the electorate that we elected him?
Unfit. That's what.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
You really are not willing to view reality. You can only view things through simpleton politics goggles.

Somce I have already corrected you on this, I'll just complain that you refuse to learn.
Who are you talking to?

And what is " Somce " ?

Read a book!

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
And what is " Somce " ?
Baby talk for nonsense.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
04 Sep 17

The problem is the system its self.
Just watch House of cards and you can smell the power of lobbys interfering with morality and rational thought.

Trump IS a complete 2nd degree narcissist: no use denying it republicants.
But, it wouldn't matter who was president, they wouldn't be able to get their party together on many of the issues; like healthcare reform.

There's been so much backroom peddling going on, on issues most of wouldn't even think important or connected, that most senators, etc. are jiggling so many agendas, half of them don't know their breasts from their bumholes.

From United Fruits wanting to curb union laws in Central America to pipelines running the length of the country, from weapons deals & supported actiona to get medicines and food past the food regulations to military interventions and deals to hush up contaminated water...

By the time a politician says he's against something, some other group's already reminding him of promises he made to the contrary.
It's not the voters or his conscience which drives the politician in the US (in many countries it is the same, although usually to a slightly lesser extent, because there's less money involved), but the promises he's been forced to make and the leverage over him.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @shavixmir
The problem is the system its self.
Just watch House of cards and you can smell the power of lobbys interfering with morality and rational thought.

Trump IS a complete 2nd degree narcissist: no use denying it republicants.
But, it wouldn't matter who was president, they wouldn't be able to get their party together on many of the issues; like healthca ...[text shortened]... ere's less money involved), but the promises he's been forced to make and the leverage over him.
With you there shav, although you're overdoing the anti-US thing as usual, this is true of all goobermints.

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first to be bought and sold are the legislators"

This happens at all levels in all countries, legally, illegally, openly through the popular vote or the backroom deal. The solution is take away their power, don't increase it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 17

Wrong Whodey. President Obama worked with Congress to craft the ACA for many months before they voted on it, Obama knew the details of the ACA because he met with the heads of focus groups to see what people needed most for coverage, insurance companies, and voting blocs in Congress to see what worked fo ...[text shortened]... mmed the media, and left the entire process to others. In short Whodey, Trump didn't do his job!
That's basically because Trump has the attention span of an almond.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
That's basically because Trump has the attention span of an almond.
But Suzi an almond doesn't have an attention span.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @wajoma
With you there shav, although you're overdoing the anti-US thing as usual, this is true of all goobermints.

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first to be bought and sold are the legislators"

This happens at all levels in all countries, legally, illegally, openly through the popular vote or the backroom deal. The solution is take away their power, don't increase it.
The solution is to act on corruption and not normalise it.

Your beloved free market has a real problem when trust is lost - a market relies on trust and has mechanisms in place to protect confidence. The most important mechanisms are of course provided by honest government.

Historically one of the major achievements of good government used to be to ensure the use of fair weights and measures in the marketplace. Only a good ruler could assure this.

Honest government is what we need and it is an ideal that can be approached far more effectively than in the snake pit that is the USA.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @wajoma
But Suzi an almond doesn't have an attention span.
Another applicant for the position of Captain Obvious.

w

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

Wrong Whodey. President Obama worked with Congress to craft the ACA for many months before they voted on it, Obama knew the details of the ACA because he met with the heads of focus groups to see what people needed most for coverage, insurance companies, and voting blocs in Congress to see what worked fo ...[text shortened]... mmed the media, and left the entire process to others. In short Whodey, Trump didn't do his job!
I see, so Obama knew all along that it really was a tax when he said it was not. Obama knew all along that people would also not be able to keep their own doctors and health plans and that premiums would not go down

In short, Obama lied.

Thanks for that.

So why did the GOP vote to repeal Obamacare under Obama but not under Trump? Was Trump secretly working with the GOP congress when they voted to repeal it but not now?