1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:03
    Chief Justice John Roberts has heard enough and drawn a line in the sand. Is this the signal for Trump to start packing up his circus?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:11
    @kmax87 said
    Chief Justice John Roberts has heard enough and drawn a line in the sand. Is this the signal for Trump to start packing up his circus?
    Except he won't listen to Roberts, either.
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:28
    @suzianne said
    Except he won't listen to Roberts, either.
    Yes. Like Apple's reality distortion field where they can convince customers to pay more for less, Trump's reality distortion field says, no long held convention matters, he as President is empowered to do as he pleases and tear down any institution in his wake.

But at least if Trump won't take the responsibility for the buck stopping at his desk, maybe Chief Justice Roberts is saying, in terms of American democratic traditions and institutions and laws, the buck will definitely stop at his.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:42
    @kmax87 said
    Yes. Like Apple's reality distortion field where they can convince customers to pay more for less, Trump's reality distortion field says, no long held convention matters, he as President is empowered to do as he pleases and tear down any institution in his wake.

But at least if Trump won't take the responsibility for the buck stopping at his desk, maybe Chief Justice Rober ...[text shortened]... s of American democratic traditions and institutions and laws, the buck will definitely stop at his.
    Yep, as well it should. Some long-held traditions should remain and for clear reasons. Corruption is insidious and once it starts, it is so difficult to root out entirely.

And he (Trump) can't just break down the wall of rules without damaging some infrastructure with it.
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:23
    @suzianne said

And he (Trump) can't just break down the wall of rules without damaging some infrastructure with it.
    Well said. He only wants to build one wall. Every other wall that proves to be an obstacle to his authoritarian impulses, he is more than happy to tear down..
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:431 edit
    @kmax87 said
    The short answer is "NO" Most Presidents would have enough respect for the rule of law to listen to Justice Roberts, this one however sees everyone from Congressmen, Senators, Judges, and everyone else as his personal lacky's, placed on earth to do "The Donald's" bidding, and ONLY "The Donald's" bidding.

As The Trumpster himself said: "I'M the only one that matters" 🙄
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:52
    @kmax87 said
    ... or is it time for the Trump detractors to start packing up the circus?

Serious question.

Will RBG make it another two years?

What is the big plan for defeating Pres. Trump in 2020? And will obstructionist tactics in the House for the next two years be conductive to that?

On the one hand, Pres. Trump hasn't exactly won everything. But he also hasn't really been losing or self-destructing as was predicted, and the Russian probe is like this funny memory of things that never came to be.

We've been hearing talk of the need to throw in the towel since even before he was elected President.

No one is fazed.

Yet, the European & American media are still going ham on this guy. More proof that the Dinosaur media's big influence is staritng to dry up.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:01
    @philokalia said
    ... or is it time for the Trump detractors to start packing up the circus?

Serious question.

Will RBG make it another two years?
    I usually get most things, but RBG?? red blue and green?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:111 edit
    @kmax87 said
    I usually get most things, but RBG?? red blue and green?
    Ruth Gater, sorry, Badder😉 Ginsberg. SCOTUS most welcome.

I think Trump will never get his wall and he is threatening to shut down government in his zeal to do just that. I see if he DOES get the wall, it will be another Berlin moment waiting to happen, SOMEONE will say a few years from now, 'TEAR DOWN THAT WALL' and insert a name, maybe Trump if he 'shudder' gets re-elected in 2020. If he DOES get to stay in 2020, Americans will have not learned their lesson on having sociopaths for POTUS. The mid terms however, I think have given a BIG message to the GOP and Trump but Trump just doesn't get it. Which will be a good thing come 2020.
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:22
    @sonhouse said
    Ruth Gater, sorry, Badder😉 Ginsberg. SCOTUS most welcome.

I think Trump will never get his wall and he is threatening to shut down government in his zeal to do just that. I see if he DOES get the wall, it will be another Berlin moment waiting to happen, SOMEONE will say a few years from now, 'TEAR DOWN THAT WALL' and insert a name, maybe Trump if he 'shudder' gets re-e ...[text shortened]... IG message to the GOP and Trump but Trump just doesn't get it. Which will be a good thing come 2020.
    Cheers! So many TLA's, so little time.

But its good that Chief Scotus has taken a stand. It seems that regardless of partisan wishes, to a large extent the SCOTUS tends to act independently and those who often are picked to bolster a particular wing's pet ideology seem to end up being a disappointment when they tend to act independently of their sponsors.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 08:50
    @sonhouse

You are not actually believeing that Reagen's comment brought down the wall, do you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree